Welcome my dear Friend.
  Re: Re: Welcome my dear Friend. by cjs (Hi Joan and I apolog...)
Thai & most Asian, Italian, Mexican, and North African. I'm sure in a past life I was a Latina. I'm always looking for something new too. Food is life!

Hey LJ, during a period in my life when food was not a priority I tried selling copiers. Sssshhhhhhh. Please don't tell any one, I don't think it counts because I never sold one.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Welcome my dear Friend. by cjs (Hi Joan and I apolog...)
Good Morning, Not to worry as I laughed myself silly! Actually, I thought it was quite clever.

While on the internet earlier I found step by step instructions for making Sushi and thinking of trying it today. My hubby, Lee, and I both love it. Would like to know if you all think a Sushi kit is necessary. Thx, Joan
  Re: Re: Welcome my dear Friend. by Lvtahoe (Good Morning, Not t...)
I haven't done too much with sushi, but I do think some methods do need some of the paraphanalia - I do have a little white plastic thing (technical term) with about 5 rectangular compartments, but haven't used it. All I've ever done is roll it.

Have fun -let us know and take picturs if you can!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Welcome my dear Friend. by cjs (I haven't done too m...)
Ran around this morning looking for a sushi kit and couldn't find one so thought I would "rough" it. Went to the store and got all the ingredients and came home to make it. Will not be sending pics because by the time I got it on the plate, it looked like someone had already eaten it!! What a friggin mess! There was rice all over me, the floor and counter. However, when I scooped it up and ate it, it wasn't too bad. Think I'll go to Costco for my Calif. rolls from now on...forgive me all you great cooks!!

Tomorrow I'll be trying a new crab cake recipe someone sent me and I'll let you know how it comes out. Nite and sweet food dreams, Joan
  Re: Re: Welcome my dear Friend. by Lvtahoe (Ran around this morn...)
If your crab cakes turn out let us know. I'm always game to try a new one. I need to make Jean's Windows recipe again. They were really good!

What do I like to cook? I LOVE Italian! I'm from the South and live near the coast, so I make the usual. But I'll try just about anything.

We are restarting our garden this year...peas, corn, beans, squash, zuccini, okra, peppers, tomatoes, beets, turnips, spinach, potatoes, onions, watermelon, and cantalope. I think that's all. The herbs- parsley, basil, salad burnet (sp?), mint, bee balm, thyme, tarragon, and lemon balm- are in pots on the deck. There are also 3 salad tomato plants out there as well- a purple, yellow, and red. I am really excited about this year's garden. Things are going MUCH better and we are getting plenty of rain so far this year.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Welcome my dear Friend. by Gourmet_Mom (If your crab cakes t...)
Quote:

If your crab cakes turn out let us know.

I've tried making crab cakes, before, but could never get the frosting to stick. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Welcome my dear Friend. by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That was funny!! Love the sense of humor of this group.

The recipe came from a friend in Florida. I don't see anything terribly different in this crab cake recipe but the Spicy Dipping Sauce is new to me. Will be sure to let you know how it comes out.
  Re: Re: Welcome my dear Friend. by Lvtahoe (That was funny!! Lov...)
And . . . if they come out really good you must share with us all - the recipe, not the crab cakes.

I have lots of rolling mats Joan - I bought enough that we could have a sushi party for 12. Next time we get together remind me and I grab you some. I've also got the little box thing Jean was talking about, and some other toys. I love sushi - just can't get the nori to do down though.
  Re: Re: Welcome my dear Friend. by Harborwitch (And . . . if they co...)
Sharon! so, you don't care for seaweed salad then????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Welcome my dear Friend. by cjs (Sharon! so, you don'...)
I haven't tried that yet. I am willing to try it- but I have tried the Nori - it's sort of like raw oysters; sometimes I've gotta have 'em and other times nononono