Erin's Plum Glaze
  Re: (...)
Erin suggested a sauce to go with my turkey nuggets that sounded so good, I immediately made a take-off of it. It's a great sauce, but when we tried it with the 'nuggets' decided the nuggets needed no adornment at all. The herbs and seasonings on them are just wonderful on their own.

But this is a glaze we will certainly use over and over! Thanks Erin!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Erin's Plum Glaze

1 cup plum jelly or jam
2 T. brown sugar
3 T. cider vinegar
1 1/2 T. red onion -- minced
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1 Pinch Salt
1 tsp. fresh ginger -- minced
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes -- (1/2 to 1)

In a stainless steel pan, combine all the ingredients. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes; the sauce will thicken slightly.

Strain the glaze pushing on the sediment to release all flavors. Use immediately or chill for later use. This will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.

For later use: the glaze will have set up, to use for a dip or glaze microwave until just melted or heat over low heat in a pan.

Description:
"Erin sent me a recipe for a Sweet & Sour Plum Sauce (Linda J. Amendt) that I adapted this recipe for using with my Turkey nuggets. It's good with them, but they are better with no sauce at all - just a wonderful flavor."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Erin's Plum Glaze by cjs (Erin suggested a sau...)
I'm glad you liked it Jean. I am almost out of the jars I canned. I do have some plum jam though - so I will try your variation. Sounds great!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.