Saturday Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone having tonight? I'll be making the Grilled Fattoush Salad with pita bread from the latest issue. We ate a lot at a baseball game last night so I think a somewhat light meal is in order.
  Re: Saturday Dinner? by Trixxee (What's everyone havi...)
I'm anxious to hear more reviews of the new issue - so far, I've just looked thru it.

Today is testing day again - yesterday, we ate the testings (Truffle Country Bread, Brewer's Yeast Popcorn, potato chips w/chevre, jelly & bacon, the salad with Maple dressing and Rhubarb-Raspberry Crisp) - geez, we grazed all day!

Today, I'm testing a Chicken/Sausage Osso Buco, a polenta to try to hold for a while, and a couple compound butters.

oink, oink, oink...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner? by cjs (I'm anxious to hear ...)
Planning on Salmon Cannelloni with Lemon Sauce for tonite, with local white wine. Maybe grilled asparagus as a green side. Would LOVE chocolate pudding for dessert, but planning my overnite bagel recipe with lox for brekkers and that is a big enuff sin right there w/o adding pudding LOL
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner? by farnfam (Planning on Salmon C...)
C@H's Three Mushroom Ragu with papradell - if I have my act together will make the fresh papradell. A nice green salad and some crusty bread - wish I had started an 18 hour bread yesterday.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner? by esgunn ([url=mailto:C@H's]C@...)
Still don't have the latest issue, guess I will have to email them.

Ribs, slaw, avocado/tomato/ mozz salad, fresh bread. Banana pudding for dessert.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Saturday Dinner? by Trixxee (What's everyone havi...)
We're going out with a group of friends for an early Cinco de Mayo party at one of the local Mexican restaurants tonight. The restaurant isn't our favorite of the choices here, but it will be a fun time anyway. We weren't the organizers, so it goes...

I've got the Grilled Fattoush salad on my menu for the week as well as the Tuscan Bean Pasta recipe.

We've tried the Grilled Scallop Teriyaki salad and thought it was very good. I didn't grill the scallops, though. I just seared them on the stove.

Also tried the everyday gyros and really enjoyed them. I couldn't find Greek yogurt, then ended up finding it today when I didn't need it. I just added a little sour cream to our no-fat yogurt to thicken it a bit. The skewers were kind of a pain because the meat didn't hold to them. I think you could just skip using skewers.

I already posted my review of the peach glazed pork loin - liked it too.

This issue is a good one!
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (We're going out with...)
Just made my shrimp scampi 4 hours early. Can I keep it warm, chill it, ???
What is best for the shrimp? It's for the June cover recipe. Just got ahead of myself in the "prepare ahead of time" paragraph.
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner? by tbullard (Just made my shrimp ...)
I think if you heat up the sauce separately and add the shrimp to it after it's hot and just heat the shrimp thru (turning often in the sauce) you should be o.k. They may be a tad tough, but still very flavorful.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com