Sauce for Chicken Francaise:
  Re: (...)
This is my very first post so I hope I am following forum protocol by asking if someone would teach me how to make a restaurant-quality-tasting sauce for Chicken Francaise. I am capable of doing a good job with the chicken but am a failure when it comes to making delicious butter/lemon type sauces. Thanks
  Re: Sauce for Chicken Francaise: by oel (This is my very firs...)
Welcome oel. I'm sorry to say that this is not something I make, so you will have to wait for some of the other members who are familiar with this dish to help you. There are a number of pros here as well, and they are always willing to share tips and tricks.

Anyway, I hope you will continue to feel free to join us often...whether it's to ask for advice or a recipe or to share your own.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sauce for Chicken Francaise: by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome oel. I'm so...)
Have you made it before and had problems with the sauce? If so can you post your recipe and technique?

1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice plus 1 whole lemon, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

After you cook your chicken wipe skillet clean and heat butter over low heat until foam subsides. Add wine, broth, and lemon juice and boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 6 minutes. Stir in parsley and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spoon sauce over chicken and top with lemon slices.

Hope that helps
  Re: Re: Sauce for Chicken Francaise: by DFen911 (Have you made it bef...)
I'd go with Denise's method, the only thing I might not do is wipe the skillet out before making the sauce - pour off any fat, but leave to goodies on the bottom of the skillet.

Deglazing with the liquids will give you a very tasty sauce. Good luck with your dish and welcome to the forum! Come back often.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sauce for Chicken Francaise: by cjs (I'd go with Denise's...)
I said that Ok ok so I said wipe clean...I meant wipe out excess oil and leave the good bits. Doesn't anyone read between the lines or my mind anymore?
  Re: Re: Sauce for Chicken Francaise: by DFen911 (Have you made it bef...)
Thank you, both, but I don't have a recipe. I simply coat chicken cutlet pieces with a well-seasoned flour, dip in an egg/lemon juice mixture and saute in half butter and half olive oil until almost done. For the sauce I've been slipping butter and flour balls into a slightly reduced wine, chicken broth and lemon juice mixture until thickened. Then, back in with the chicken for another minute or two. As I originally said, the sauce was good but never up to par on a restaurant level.

May be I've free-handed things a bit too much. I'll follow your methodology, especially the amounts. Thanks again.
  Re: Re: Sauce for Chicken Francaise: by oel (Thank you, both, but...)
Good luck and welcome to the forum!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?