Who's idea was the Library card? Bob want to know
  Re: (...)
A few weeks ago I got the May Food & Wine. Well you'd have thought that would keep my busy for a while - but NO, in spite of all the goodies I made from that I still wanted more.

We went to the library and I checked out "Fresh Inspiration" by Susanna Foo. OMG!!!! Had to buy it! This is filled with such fresh bright dishes - a whole different take on Chinese food using things like beets and rhubarb. Well, to complicate matters - when I ordered it on EBay I also found a delightful book by Bill Smith - "Seasoned in the South". They both arrived yesterday - and I'm in heaven! When my new Comcast internet gets installed I'll post a couple recipes.

I also found a Better Homes & Gardens Grilling Book and C@H's Cooking Tonight in my basket as we left Costco last weekend. I don't know where to start!!! Bob wants the C@H's grilling book too.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Who's idea was the Library card? Bob want to know by Harborwitch (A few weeks ago I go...)
Good for you Sharon! I love getting new cookbooks and I feel even better when I have gotten the chance to preview it and know it will be worthwhile. I have been disappointed too many times in the past with cookbooks that I only make 1-2 things from, then it ends up collecting dust for years.

I think I was the one to suggest the library for books. I have 3 waiting for me to pick up today! I can't wait!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Who's idea was the Library card? Bob want to know by luvnit (Good for you Sharon!...)
You may still be buying cook books but at least you are screening them now...nothing worse than buying a book and finding out you don't like it after the fact.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Who's idea was the Library card? Bob want to by firechef (You may still be buy...)
Seasoned in the South was a shot in the dark - my goodness was it a good one. It's a good read - and the recipes are arranged seasonally! How totally cool is that? It is nice to be able to see the book before you buy it - especially as expensive as some of them can be. I lucked out the Susanna Foo book was 5 and small change and the other one was 1.10! That's even better!
  Re: Re: Who's idea was the Library card? Bob want to by Harborwitch (Seasoned in the Sout...)
I soooo wish I lived closer to a larger area. I don't have access to much here at our library.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Who's idea was the Library card? Bob want to by Gourmet_Mom (I soooo wish I lived...)
Foo's book looks very interesting..might have to add to b'day list. (this is Saturday, so let's see some of the recipes when you try them... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Who's idea was the Library card? Bob want to by cjs (Foo's book looks ver...)
We've been to the farmer's market - lovely fava beans, green tomatoes, vine ripened tomatoes, a lovely cabbage, and to the grocery store - asparagus, white corn, flank steak, and tilapia.

Now it's out to the yard to cut roses (for vinegar) and plant some beans and more cilantro.

Tomorrow I'll post the ones we've tried - oh Jean this book is such a treasure.
  Re: Re: Who's idea was the Library card? Bob want to by Harborwitch (We've been to the fa...)
So, you're all hooked up and able to use your computer again??? Welcome back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Who's idea was the Library card? Bob want to by cjs (So, you're all hooke...)
All I can say at this point is; I love Comcast internet! Now, since we have such a super fast modem we now need to upgrade our wireless router - the old one doesn't work so I am going to have to share for a few days!

Hee Hee - after everyone leaves tomorrow it's all MINE, bwaahhhahhhahhhh!