Would Love Your Help!
  Re: (...)
Some of you know I’m almost done putting together a cookbook that, come hell or high water WILL be done by this summer. A few of you have been the most wonderful testers anyone working on a project like this could ask for and I’m so appreciative.

Now that I’m on my last leg of this long journey, I’ve decided I would like to add a few more recipes to the book. This is not a ‘family’ cookbook, it is a book of recipes and dishes my family, friends, cooking cohorts, people in my life love and have loved all their lives.

The last two years, the C@H family has become such a large part of my life, I would love to include in the book an absolute favorite recipe from each of you – nothing fancy, just a dish that you know you will always make. If it's a real old one, it can still be in the terminology of its original form. If anything needs updating, “(--- )” work for me in adding an update.

Also, if you have a story of the how’s/whys it became a favorite, I’d love to have that also. Take your time in choosing, I’ve still got a ways to go and I’m still testing recipes from long ago to see if they still work, so don’t rush. I will bring this back to the top every once in a while, until someone yells ‘Uncle’ and no one else wants to participate.

Oh, please feel free to email the recipes to me if you prefer not to post them here on the board – whatever each of you is comfortable with. Let me know and I’ll send you my email address.

Let’s see where this project takes us and thanks for the help you all are so willing to give.

The working title right now, I change my mind every month or so... is

FOODS WE LOVE

and have forever!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Would Love Your Help! by cjs (Some of you know I’m...)
Sweetie, some time ago we "talked" about a recipe I make all the time and you were willing to try because the daughter of a friend asked you to. The dish is called pilmyeni and originally it came from Siberia, but then it was adopted by Russia, Ukraine and many of the countries that were part of teh Soviet Union. If you think this could be a good recipe for your book, I'd be more than happy to post the recipe again, together with instructions on "how" to eat pilmyeni, at least the way my family has always has had this savory dish.
Bearhugs,
Marina
  Re: Would Love Your Help! by cjs (Some of you know I’m...)
I will give it some thought and see what I come up with as far as a recipe. I had forgotten about your cookbook project. I am excited to see the finished product. Will it be available to all?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Would Love Your Help! by luvnit (I will give it some ...)
Oh you bet - I'll be out selling it on the streets and probably Ebay....maybe, maybe, maybe.

Marina, that does sound familiar, but remember I'm susceptible to CRS...would love to have the recipe if it's a favorite of you and your family.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Would Love Your Help! by cjs (Oh you bet - I'll be...)
Jean,

There is also a way for you to sell it on your blog by adding a Paypal button. This way people can pay with credit and debit cards too! It's very easy and I would be happy to help you when the time comes if you choose to do it that way. You can even add in shipping and handling.

If you look at my re-vamped website store, you will see how I did mine. You could sell both books (Share a Recipe AND the new one!)
Laura
  Re: Re: Would Love Your Help! by luvnit (Jean,[br][br]There i...)
Quote:

There is also a way for you to sell it on your blog by adding a Paypal button. This way people can pay with credit and debit cards too!

Please note that, unless you only receive a few (I forget the actual number, but it's not many) credit/debit payments a year, PayPal requires you to sign up as a "Premier" or "Business" account, at which time, fees will be taken out of EACH payment your receive, even ones funded from a PayPal account or checking account. Otherwise, for the few credit/debit payments they allow, you must "accept" the payment, and there fees will be deducted.

See this help page for the actual numbers for the fees.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Would Love Your Help! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
You are correct Labs, but on a $20 payment, the fee is about $.85 you can compensate by the cost into your product. Paypal would be great for two reasons: 1) It may result in more sales from people more willing to use a debit or credit card; and 2) It protects the seller from incurring fees from bad checks and exposing financial information.

By using Paypal, sales of my products grew from making $10-$20 dollars here and there to a more steady several hundred dollars a month. It was really a no-brainer for me.
Laura
  Re: Re: Would Love Your Help! by luvnit (You are correct Labs...)
Quote:

Paypal would be great for two reasons: 1) It may result in more sales from people more willing to use a debit or credit card; and 2) It protects the seller from incurring fees from bad checks and exposing financial information.

No problem. I agree completely, but just wanted to make sure the information was known to avoid the unpleasant surprises that some people I know had encountered. As with all things, people should read the info before agreeing to anything, but many people don't bother, then wonder what happened.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Would Love Your Help! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Be assured we would look into whatever direction we will go very carefully! Thanks Laura and Labs - now back to recipes.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Would Love Your Help! by cjs (Be assured we would ...)
Jean, I posted a cucumber chicken recipe awhile back--everyone seemed to like it and it has become a family favorite and of our guests--I can't seem to find anything in the archives, but if you liked it I would nominate it, humbly, for your book. I will post it again if I need to. Regards, Bill
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".