REV - Peppered Steak
  Re: (...)
Ok this was the recipe from the Biggest Loser.

Well I didn't have my darn card in my camera so I apologize no pictures. (the recipe is below again)

This was a really good dish. I used thicker filets (8oz) instead of the 5 oz. I just sliced one and we split it. The sauce was really flavorful. However I think I'm going to omit the cayenne pepper next time. I put a lot of fresh cracked pepper on the steaks, that combine with the chilli's really gave it a kick. I also did 2 onions because they were so small. The only other change was the Pam. I did use about 2tbl veggie oil instead because I think you get a better searon the meat. I also didn't use the Nusalt but regular kosher salt.

The rice I did as instructed, I do love brown rice. And I also served a toss green salad to go with it with a balsamic vinaigrette.

Pepper Steak – Roger

Serves 4

3 ½ cups Free-Range Chicken Broth, low sodium
fresh ground pepper and NuSalt
1 cup short-grain brown rice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
12 Anaheim peppers
Pam spray
4 5-ounce portions lean beef tenderloin
1 vidalia onion, slice thinly
5 cloves chopped garlic
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
½ cup Trader Joes Fat Free Salt-Free Marinara
½ cup Evaporated Fat Free Milk
½ cup chopped fines herbs (parsley, chives, tarragon and chervil)
pinch cayenne

1. Bring 2 cups chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepot. Season with NuSalt and add rice. Cover, turn down heat to a very low simmer and cook for about 1 hour or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fuff rice with fork and toss with olive oil. Keep warm.

2. Char Anaheim peppers over an open flame, turning to cook evenly, until skins are mostly burnt. Place peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for about 7 minutes to steam off skin. Remove as much charred skin as possible with a paper towel. Seed peppers and cut into rings about ½ inch thick.

3. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season steaks with pepper and NuSalt and spray pan with Pam. Saute until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Remove steaks from pan and keep warm.

4. Spray pan with Pam again and add onions. Saute until onions are starting to become tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another minute. Deglaze with balsamic vinegar. Add 1 cup chicken stock to the pan and bring to a simmer. Mix remaining ½ cup chicken stock with cornstarch to make a slurry and whisk into pan. Stir in marinara and evaporated milk and bring to a simmer. Add peppers, cayenne and simmer until vegetables are tender. Return beef to the pan to reheat, for about 2 minutes. Stir in fines herbs. Serve with rice.
  Re: REV - Peppered Steak by DFen911 (Ok this was the reci...)
Thanks Denise, this is on the short list to try...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com