Apple Cheddar Quesadillas with Cranberry Coleslaw
  Re: (...)
While looking over mustard greens on the Whole Foods website, I saw I had a 'recipe box' on the site - here is one of the first recipes I tried from the site quite a while ago that was just wonderful - probably time to bring it up again. So good!

Apple Cheddar Quesadillas with Cranberry Coleslaw

Prepare the tangy coleslaw first, so its flavors can meld while you make the quesadillas.

Serves 4
Cranberry Coleslaw

1/4 cup 365 Everyday Value™ mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon sugar
sea salt, to taste
10 ounces shredded cabbage coleslaw mix
1 large carrot, peeled and grated
2 scallions, green and white parts thinly sliced
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional

Quesadillas

6 365 Organic Everyday Value™ whole wheat tortillas
12 ounces 365 Everyday Value™ shredded cheddar cheese
2 apples (any sweet, crunchy variety like Gala or Fuji), washed and sliced
2 tablespoons butter

Prepare the coleslaw: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water, sugar and salt. Combine shredded cabbage, carrot, scallions, cranberries and optional nuts in a large bowl. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss well to coat. Allow coleslaw to sit at least 15 minutes before serving, tossing occasionally. Serve with apple quesadillas.

Sprinkle 2–3 tablespoons cheese over one half of tortilla. Place several apple slices, barely overlapping, on top of cheese. Then sprinkle 2 more tablespoons of cheese on top of apples and fold tortilla in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Heat butter in skillet over medium-high heat and cook quesadillas until the cheese melts and the tortillas are golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately with Cranberry Coleslaw.

----

There are a few others in the recipe box I'm going to have to check out also.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Apple Cheddar Quesadillas with Cranberry Coleslaw by cjs (While looking over m...)
Hmmm...we move from Kraft to "365 Everyday Value™" LOL!

Does sound good, though.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Quesadillas with Cranberry Coles by labradors (Hmmm...we move from ...)
Well, at least I do more than advertise...

(don't you dare lump me with 'them' )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Quesadillas with Cranberry Coles by cjs (Well, at least I do ...)
ROTFL!

Lump, lump.

Don't worry, we can tell the difference - and a BIG difference, that.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Apple Cheddar Quesadillas with Cranberry Coleslaw by cjs (While looking over m...)
That sounds good. Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.