For all that cook at home...
  Re: (...)
I think this says it all...

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking - love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren.

Yup, that says it all.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: For all that cook at home... by firechef (I think this says it...)
YUP!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: For all that cook at home... by firechef (I think this says it...)
That says it all right there. What an accurate quote.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: For all that cook at home... by luvnit (That says it all rig...)
Ah, the C@H Forums...the only place you "hear" a bunch of women sounding like the guys from "King of the Hill"..."Yup"
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: For all that cook at home... by firechef (Ah, the [url=mailto:...)
Since I'm single, have no nearby family, and cook mostly for myself, I guess Sophia would require that I be a narcissist and a solipsist, then.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: For all that cook at home... by labradors (Since I'm single, ha...)
You need a hug...wrap your arms around yourself, give yourself a big squeeze and a shake. Don't you feel better? Love yourself, be happy for who you are. How about another hug?

To quote Lucy from the Peanuts comic strips..."The Doctor is In" Now where's my nickel???
  Re: Re: For all that cook at home... by firechef (You need a hug...wra...)
ROTFL! Are your SURE you're initials are not LJ, but LB (Leo Buscaglia)? ROTFL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: For all that cook at home... by labradors (ROTFL! Are your SUR...)
I really do enjoy cooking for and serving others. When dinner is just for me, I'll make due, eat cheese & crackers, or scrounge for leftovers. So what do the psychobabble chefs say that I am?
  Re: Re: For all that cook at home... by HomeCulinarian (I really do enjoy co...)
I'd say you are normal...when it is just me dinner could easily be a bowl of cereal or something simple like that.

My favourite meal is anything I don't have to cook after a 12 to 20 hour stretch on the line...
  Re: Re: For all that cook at home... by firechef (I'd say you are norm...)
Does Holly cook for you LJ? Or does she not cook because you are so good that you just are assumed to be the cook for the house? Do you actually ever get to eat meals together?

Bruce always shook his head at Chels going into this profession cause he said she had never so much as boiled water in our house. Which is pretty much true, okay, she may have boiled water occasionally, but never cooked meals, that was always left to me. And I kind of attributed it to if somebody is doing a good job at something, don't rock the boat. My mom is a fabulous seamstress. Theoretically I could hem a skirt or a pair of pants, but she would do it so much faster and better than me, I take the stuff to her.

Do the pros want to come home after a long day/night at work and fix something to eat or are they happy with that meal that the non-pro partner has fixed . . . you know . . . like the commercial . . . the "Uncle Ben's microwave rice package."