Krazy Weather
  Re: (...)
I mispoke about having lots of plums this year. It frosted after the tree bloomed and then frosted twice after the little plums appeared. Yesterday was 80°F, today 72°F, tomorrow 49°F. I went out and shook the plum tree and was showered with blossom petals and little plums...looks like there won't be many plums at all. The rest of the week, weather wise, is supposed to be in the high 40's and mid-50's.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Krazy Weather by bjcotton (I mispoke about havi...)
I know what you mean Billy! The temps for the next 2 weeks are supposed to be more like January temps for here after having temps in the 70's for weeks! GEEZ! At least it'll stay high enough so that the garden should be OK. Last year, we lost our tomato and pepper plants after a drop in temps, so I have waited to plant those! Also, I didn't have time to get my herbs yesterday, so I'm good there as well! WHEW!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Krazy Weather by bjcotton (I mispoke about havi...)
Oh no, that is disappointing. That's too bad Billy. I would love to have a fruit bearing tree in my yard.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Krazy Weather by luvnit (Oh no, that is disap...)
Just went out back and checked my nectarine tree. It didn't even have a chance for the buds to open, they're all dead as well as the branches about half way down. I've only had it for a year.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Krazy Weather by bjcotton (Just went out back a...)
Oh that is so sad. Your little babes didn't even get a chance. What a bummer.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Krazy Weather by luvnit (Oh that is so sad. Y...)
Oh, Billy, I am sooo sorry! There is no telling, maybe they'll get a second chance? My tulip tree bloomed twice this year. If not, hopefully it will make it bloom twice as much next year.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Krazy Weather by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Billy, I am sooo...)
I can relate Billy. We had snow yesterday and are expecting nearly 70F temps this week but by the weekend it is supposed to cool off again and early into the following week the long range forecast calls for SNOW and rain mixed yet again...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Krazy Weather by firechef (I can relate Billy. ...)
Last Sunday 62...all week it was 62,64, 68, 68,68 and then on Saturday it was 93 and today 97.

97!!!! It's MAY not July.
  Re: Re: Krazy Weather by DFen911 (Last Sunday 62...all...)
Pssst...Denise, it is still the middle of April. Don't worry, I didn't tell anyone that you turned the calender forward a page too far.

We are looking at near 70 still with a shot at severe thunderstorms then cold and snow again. The average date for the last measurable snow fall is today. The record (in Des Moines) is May 6th so I guess the weather is odd but not "impossible" as far as history has shown us...DANG GROUNDHOG...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Krazy Weather by DFen911 (Last Sunday 62...all...)
The thermometer read 105 in our backyard yesterday. After all of our guests left after dinner, Bob and I got in the hot tub - it was a beautiful 90 degrees! We sat in there for nearly 45 minutes - geeze it was nice. Today it's cool and breezy.

Billy I'm so sorry about your trees. But, maybe they will think it's Spring again and start over.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!