Has anyone made the Feta cheese burgers ?
  Re: (...)
I wanted to try these but wanted to see if anyone had made them.

Thanks
Linda
  Re: Has anyone made the Feta cheese burgers ? by Emmasmum (I wanted to try thes...)
Not here. Someone will come along with a review soon...
  Re: Re: Has anyone made the Feta cheese burgers ? by HomeCulinarian (Not here. Someone w...)
What issue are they from?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Has anyone made the Feta cheese burgers ? by Lorraine (What issue are they ...)
Yes, my hubby and I made the Feta Cheese Burger. It was fantastic! Kinda had a Gyro flare about it, as you would imagine with cucumbers on the burger. It was the feta sauce that was wonderful. Great burger. We made the Outrageous Greek Beans to go with it. They were just 'beans' regular old beans. Nothing special.

Issue was June 2007 No.63
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Has anyone made the Feta cheese burgers ? by luvnit (Yes, my hubby and I ...)
Could anyone post the recipe? Sounds good...when I had my own restaurant we did a lunch special with a "Greek Burger" in a pita that was wonderful and sold like crazy and was asked for to the point I had to put it on the menu...

Just wondering how this one looks and if we'd like it at home.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Has anyone made the Feta cheese burgers ? by firechef (Could anyone post th...)
Sure LJ, here you are!

Feta Cheese Burger

Makes : 4 burgers
Total time: 45 minutes

For the Feta Sauce-

4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup pepperocini peppers, sliced
2 T. scallions, sliced
1/2 t. lemon zest, minced
salt and pepper to taste

FOR THE BURGERS-

2 lb. ground chuck
salt pepper, dried oregano
4 slices red onion (1/4" thick)
prepared feta sauce

SERVE ON: Hoagie rolls, split, toasted
Red leaf lettuce
Tomato slices
Thinly sliced cucumber

• 1. Process feta, cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Add pepperocinis, scallions, zest and seasonings; Pulse to coarsely chop, then set aside.
  • 2. Shape ground chuck into 8 4-oz portions on wax paper using a fork to form them into patties the size of the hoagie rolls. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
  • 3. Top 4 of the patties with slice of onion, cover with remaining patty and seal edges with fork. Season again. Grilled on oiled grate for 4 minutes. flip and cook 2 minutes more. Spoon 1/4 cup feta sauce on each burger. Grill another 2 minutes
  • 4. Serve burgers on the rolls with lettuce tomato and cucumber.

In the photos in the magazine they make 8 same-size patties, season the tops. Top 4 of them with red onions. Then press the seasoned sides together and seal with fork. Then they season the tops of the meat again.

[Image: feta.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Has anyone made the Feta cheese burgers ? by luvnit (Sure LJ, here you ar...)
Why thank you...these look great. I should be able to get Holly to try these. She loves most "Greek" things I cook and this is pretty good looking.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Has anyone made the Feta cheese burgers ? by firechef (Why thank you...thes...)
HOLY COW! Pun intended! These look GREAT! This is on the list for next week! I love feta and William loves burgers! Copied and saved! Thanks for bringing this up Linda and thanks a WHOLE lot Laura for the review and recipe!

(LJ, you get credit for asking Laura to post it! Wouldn't want to leave out the birthday boy! )
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Has anyone made the Feta cheese burgers ? by Gourmet_Mom (HOLY COW! Pun inten...)
I always thought "Holy Cows" lived in India...???

I think this recipe could be the end of "regular" burgers on my grill this summer if I ever get one...
  Re: Re: Has anyone made the Feta cheese burgers ? by firechef (I always thought "Ho...)
Can't wait to make these tomorrow night! I'm in a gyro type of mood.