Way OT - Never argue with a woman
  Re: (...)
One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap. Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and reads her book. Along comes a Game Warden in his boat.

He pulls up alongside the woman and says, 'Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?'
'Reading a book,' she replies, (thinking, 'Isn't that obvious?')
'You're in a Restricted Fishing Area,' he informs her.
'I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing. I'm reading'.
'Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up.'
'For reading a book,' she replies.
'You're in a Restricted Fishing Area,' he informs her again.
'Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up.'
'If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault,' says the woman.
'But I haven't even touched you,' says the game warden.
'That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment.'
'Have a nice day ma'am,' and he left.
  Re: Way OT - Never argue with a woman by HomeCulinarian (One morning the husb...)
Good one!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Way OT - Never argue with a woman by bjcotton (Good one!...)
ROFLOL! That is a good one! I've got several friends who are game wardens and I can't wait to tell this one to them. I think I might actually be able to remember this one....I'm usually TERRIBLE at telling jokes!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Way OT - Never argue with a woman by Gourmet_Mom (ROFLOL! That is a g...)
I saw the subject and my first thought was, "Well duh! I could have told you that."

Quite cute by the way...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Way OT - Never argue with a woman by HomeCulinarian (One morning the husb...)
Quote:

One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap. Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and reads her book. Along comes a Game Warden in his boat.

He pulls up alongside the woman and says, 'Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?'
'Reading a book,' she replies, (thinking, 'Isn't that obvious?')
'You're in a Restricted Fishing Area,' he informs her.
'For reading a book,' she replies.
'You're in a Restricted Fishing Area,' he informs her again.
'If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault,' says the woman.
'But I haven't even touched you,' says the game warden.
'That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment.'
'Have a nice day ma'am,' and he left.

There is a reverse to that story.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Way OT - Never argue with a woman by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Yeah but that reverse could get you 3 1/2 to 7 in some states...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Way OT - Never argue with a woman by firechef (Yeah but that revers...)
Quote:

Yeah but that reverse could get you 3 1/2 to 7 in some states...

You' re right-- the man always loses this argument--I'm old enough to know that!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Way OT - Never argue with a woman by firechef (Yeah but that revers...)
First heard this one about five years ago. Still funny, though.

On a different note, though similar (you'll see why), here's one of those fascinating, colourful things about language - in particular, idiomatic expressions.

You know how, when someone is starting to drop off to sleep, his head will nod a bit, then pull back, then nod again, then pull back, etc.? Well, the idiomatic expression for when someone is falling asleep that way is "está pescando," or "he's fishing," since the motion of his head resembles the motion of someone's casting a fishing line, then reeling it back in, etc. Gotta love language! LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Way OT - Never argue with a woman by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I am young enough to remember my dad explaining it all to me. Again, it all goes back to never arguing with a woman.
  Re: Re: Way OT - Never argue with a woman by firechef (I am young enough to...)
Odd how only me and the guys responded to this...LOL!

And yes, boys, we are ALWAYS right! If you don't believe me, ask my husband.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.