How About Some Ideas....
  Re: (...)
While we were in the 'big' city yesterday, I found these at Pier I for a dollar a piece, so I grabbed all 8. They are 6 1/2" tall - not wine glasses, but used it to give you all an idea of the size -

[Image: dessertglass.jpg]
I'm thinking I'll use them for some kind of layered dish - savory and/or sweet.

Maybe the mousse Denise posted yesterday and just sprinkle some of the cake particles over the top. Lemon goodies. So many different flavors to use. They are too small to use for drunken floats.hmmm, I wonder if I could do an amuse bouche of a drunken float....that's off the wall.

Give me some ideas for layering that you all especially like, if you'd be so kind.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: How About Some Ideas.... by cjs (While we were in the...)
Well, the first thing to come to mind is a White Russian shake....YUM! I'll give it some real thought and get back with you.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: How About Some Ideas.... by Gourmet_Mom (Well, the first thin...)
Oh man, does that sound good - a woman after my own heart!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How About Some Ideas.... by cjs (Oh man, does that so...)
Uuh, since I don't like the taste of booze, how about an ice cream float?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: How About Some Ideas.... by bjcotton (Uuh, since I don't l...)
That is what I thought - Ice Cream sunday! Something my kids would love! Lets think on this. Maybe a take on a strawberries devonshire - maybe you could spike the strawberries with something for a little kick or a grown up sunday!

I am stumped on savory. I was thinking a salmon mouse, but don't know what you would serve it with or layer it with. Let us know what you come up with!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: How About Some Ideas.... by esgunn (That is what I thoug...)
Oh Erin, you got me thinking...what about a chilled seafood salad (I'm thinking shrimp, but that's just me)...line it with lettuce leaves or layer it with chopped lettuce, maybe some crumbled crackers? Even chicken salad? Too much? I'm thinking it would almost have to be a chilled "thingy".
Daphne
  Re: Re: How About Some Ideas.... by Gourmet_Mom (Oh Erin, you got me ...)
A chilled seafood mousse, Cajun style with a whole crawdad "standing up" in the glass surrounded by the mousse.

Of course a nice toasted piece of a good bread sliced on the bias would be sticking out on side of the top of the glass...any one know what I mean???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: How About Some Ideas.... by Gourmet_Mom (Oh Erin, you got me ...)
And then I looked at "Billy's Woe is me" thread...What about Reeses cups, nutella, chocolate mousse, graham crackers, whipped cream, chopped hazelnuts, coffee liquor (sp?)....somthing? OMG, I gotta have something chocolate/coffee...sooon! Hey, there's some Kahlua here, leftover chocolate chips, and nuts...hmmmm? Been a while, but....

Or a chilled kinda cheesecake. But the chocolate thing is calling......
Daphne
  Re: Re: How About Some Ideas.... by Gourmet_Mom (And then I looked at...)
Yeah, but my idea is a savoury one...

How about a peanut butter cup cheesecake? Individual sized in the glass. Better yet a "dessert for two" kinda a romantic take. That might work...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: How About Some Ideas.... by firechef (Yeah, but my idea is...)
Yep...that's what I'm talking about LJ! It WOULD be too big for one. Serve with two spoons.

If I keep on, I'll have to send Andrew to the store for a Reeses!!!!! (Although, I do have some peanut butter and a spoon. That may go nicely with my black russian.)
Daphne