Looking for a grass-fed steaks.
  Re: (...)
I can't grow my own cow -darn zoning laws! - I have some steak issues. After reading Omnivore's Dilemma, I'm committed to only feeding my family grass fed steak but the issue is of their authencity.I don’t want my family to suffer because of the diseases associated with grain fed ones but neither do I would like to pay for crap…Please can anyone tell me a good producer or seller of grass fed steak that I can trust upon for the quality of grass-fed.
  Re: Looking for a grass-fed steaks. by Sweaty (I can't grow my own ...)
Quote:

Looking for a grass-fed steaks

I tried feeding a steak, once, but it never responded.

Sorry, I can't offer any help (most of the beef we have in Honduras has good flavour, but is pretty tough), but I do wish to offer you a warm welcome to the forum, and I hope you find your steaks.

Did just think of one possible source: Omaha Steaks, but their website says they use grain-fed beef.

Good luck.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Looking for a grass-fed steaks. by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
The only problem with "grass-fed" beef in this country is that most of the country has this little thing called winter and lots of other places have been dealing with drought conditions thus eliminating the ability to "grow" grass fed only beef. I can also assure you that the restaurants of the world will get the grass-fed beef first. It is like the case of "Prime" cuts of beef...the world's top steakhouses are the ONLY ones that normally get true "Prime Rib" and the like. Most restaurants and the public live with "Prime Cuts of Choice" or "Prime Cuts of Select" meats. The "grading" process is soooo dang exact and tough that true Prime is very very expensive and only about 1% of all beef in the US actually qualifies. Now the marketing gurus get by this by going with the terms like "Prime Cuts of Choice" and the like. For some reason misleading the public is okay.

My recommendation is to contact your local or state "Cattleman's Association." Here in Iowa we have them as does much of the US. www.beef.org might be able to direct you to local "suppliers" of beef and grass-fed only "growers." Your best bet will be buying whole or half heads of cattle each spring and putting them in the freezer each fall. That way you can periodically stop by the farm and see the beefer being fed and cared for throughout the summer.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Looking for a grass-fed steaks. by firechef (The only problem wit...)
Here's the most wonderful source of beef (and so much more) that I could ever recommend!

http://www.nimanranch.com/control/main/?...agodDVy2bg

Maybe talk to them about what you are wanting and they can direct you, if they don't do this themselves.

Welcome to the forums!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Looking for a grass-fed steaks. by cjs (Here's the most wond...)
Their products are great. Their pork comes from here in Iowa for the most part at the "Willis Farm" which is a pig farm where the hogs are allowed to roam like cattle. Much leaner pork with a nice flavour. A lot different than the stuff in most stores. Good idea Jean, like normal.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forums.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Looking for a grass-fed steaks. by firechef (Their products are g...)
FYI: This post is from the country of India. Person has been hitting many boards
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Re: Looking for a grass-fed steaks. by bbally (FYI: This post is f...)
Well, in India, they may have to deal with the religious restrictions against using beef, in addition to any quality issues.

Then, again, give it time, and California and Colorado will have the same restrictions. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Looking for a grass-fed steaks. by Sweaty (I can't grow my own ...)
It’s a good thing that you are turning to grass-fed rather then the other ones. Its a great way to minimize the risk of mad cow disease and ensure the best health for our family. I too prefer grass fed steaks for my family and I am pleased to tell you that you can go about it without any doubt. I don’t know the exact place of your location but I get my grass-fed steaks from a place where I have not had any complaints or issues in a couple of months. They have a wide range of network and I hope they can reach you. Their steak is of good quality and can be trusted as far as I am concerned and the taste is as good as it can get.
  Re: Re: Looking for a grass-fed steaks. by Chaplam (It’s a good thing th...)
I've now seen this same request, and the link in the last response on several boards. I think someone is trying to advertise.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Looking for a grass-fed steaks. by Lorraine (I've now seen this s...)
Desperation is not an attractive advertising tool. IMHO.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura