Jean and others...Making Sausage
  Re: (...)
This is a COOL site for recipes...mostly originating in Louisiana. Some unusual stuff here...at least for me! WOW! In addition to being a chef at a fine dining establishment/bed and breakfast, the guy has a local cooking show as well (and is known internationally, too, now that I've read more).

I found this looking around for hog's head cheese recipes. I swear LJ, you're killing me! Now William won't shut up about the stuff! (PS...Other than having the recipe, there is NO connection to "that stuff" and this site. I'm talking some really GOOD recipes, including some with an international flair.) WOW!

Here's the site: Chef John Folse and Company
  Re: Jean and others...Making Sausage by Gourmet_Mom (This is a COOL site ...)
I am in LOVE with that site already! Bookmarked and going to go visit it again soon...if all remember right my dream restaurant is a BBQ joint using creole and Cajun seasonings and sides with the classic briskets, ribs and such.

OT-Go check out the picture of a little girl and a bunny in your regular email inbox Mom. If you know how to put that picture here please do...I don't know how.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Like Southern Cuisine? by firechef (I am in LOVE with th...)
I KNEW you'd love this. I'm wonderin' what Bill will think of it.

OT, I don't know what the deal is, but I've never had trouble posting a pic from another website before. I must be doing something wrong. I've never used photobucket before...just went through C2C photo gallery. I don't know what the diff is, but it was driving me crazy! I was soooo excited! SOOO CUTE!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Like Southern Cuisine? by Gourmet_Mom (I KNEW you'd love th...)
OMG, Jean and other sausage makers...this site is a gem! Check out the Meat/Pork link on the site! It even tells how to make tasso, Andouille Sausage, and many others! I LOVE this site!

PS...I was afraid some would not check it out if it remained linked to LJ's Souse post....LOL! So I changed the thread name....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I watched John Folse on Houston PBS for years--loved him--we now have too much Oriental and healthy cooking on our channel--he has a great accent and knows what he is doing with Louisiana cooking--",I gon tol you tat, rat noww".

Chef Michael J Roussel of Brennans had a great show a few years ago--his favorite cure for anything culinary was "thow a little more butter in it"--great chef!! Anybody else see his show?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Like Southern Cuisine? by Old Bay (I watched John Folse...)
I know the name...I know that Chef Lazone Randolph is the Executive Chef at Brennans now. He took over when Chef Roussel took ill. That wasn't too long before Chef Roussel passed away.

Never saw his show or Chef Folse. I agree that the oriental fusion craze is killing tv cooking.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
All this talk about sausage makes me want to get started making my own. You all make it sound like so much fun!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Like Southern Cuisine? by luvnit (All this talk about ...)
It is, Laura!! I'm off to check the site!

"thow a little more butter in it"-- sounds like MS Julia, also
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com