Sweet and Savory Cheesecake...???
  Re: (...)
I have not made this yet and found it on another site when I was looking around...sounds pretty good however.

Hook's Wisconsin Blue Cheese Cheesecake with
Port Wine Poached Pears, Port Caramel and Candied Walnuts

Makes 6 to 8 Portions

Ingredients:

For Poached Pears:

1 bottle (750 ml) port wine
1 cup granulated sugar
1 sprig fresh rosemary
Rind of 1 orange
1 vanilla bean, split, scraped
6 medium pears (Bartlett, forelle or comice)

For Sugared Walnuts:

1 tablespoon egg white
¼ cup powdered sugar
Pinch kosher salt
1 cup walnuts

For the Cheesecake:

1 lb cream cheese, room temperature
10 oz Wisconsin Hook's Blue cheese, room temperature, finely crumbled
3 eggs, room temperature
¼ cup sour cream
2 tablespoons clover or orange honey
Pinch kosher salt
Pinch fresh cracked pepper

For the Caramel:

2 cups granulated sugar, divided
3 ½ oz light corn syrup
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup reserved poaching liquid
Pinch salt
Pinch cracked pepper

Preparation:

Poached Pears:

In heavy sauce pot, combine all ingredients except pears; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by a quarter. Meanwhile, peel pears and add peels to poaching liquid. Cut pears in half and core. Strain poaching liquid and add pears. Bring to a simmer and poach pears until tender. Place pears and liquid in opaque container. Cover with plastic and let stand at room temperature overnight. Reserve 1 cup poaching liquid for port wine caramel.
Sugared Walnuts:

Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In small bowl, mix all ingredients except walnuts. Add walnuts and stir to coat. Spread in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Break into pieces. Set aside.

Cheesecake:

Heat oven to 250°F. Spray 8-inch spring form pan with cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper; spray again. In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add blue cheese; beat until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape bowl. Add sour cream, honey, salt and pepper. Beat until combined.

Pour into pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until set and knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature in pan.

Port Wine Caramel:

In heavy sauce pot, combine 1 cup sugar and the corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cook at slow rolling boil until dark amber. In another pot, bring cream and reserved poaching liquid just to a boil; keep warm. When sugar is amber, add remaining sugar, ¼ cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in cream mixture slowly, allowing mixture to reduce after each addition. Cook until the consistency of thick syrup, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Final Preparation:

Cut cheesecake into wedges. Serve on plate with poached pear, port wine caramel and sugared walnuts.

Chef Mindy Segal - HOTCHOCOLATE - Chicago
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Sweet and Savory Cheesecake...??? by firechef (I have not made this...)
Sounds good, but I'd never be able to pull off the carmel sauce.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sweet and Savory Cheesecake...??? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good, but I'd...)
Now that sounds RICH!!!! Right up our alley----I think I need to have guests to eat this up-----otherwise I will be more of a Tellytubby!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Sweet and Savory Cheesecake...??? by Roxanne 21 (Now that sounds RICH...)
hmmmm, sounds like a party is needed. Since you haven't made it LJ, is it from a site you trust?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sweet and Savory Cheesecake...??? by cjs (hmmmm, sounds like a...)
It's on the home page of a certain site I "met" you at...trust it?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Sweet and Savory Cheesecake...??? by firechef (It's on the home pag...)
depends...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sweet and Savory Cheesecake...??? by cjs (depends......)
The Chef and restaurant check out...the ingredients and process make sense. I'd chance it...will next weekend.
  Re: Re: Sweet and Savory Cheesecake...??? by firechef (The Chef and restaur...)
I just never cared for all those recipes 'they' put on there that have never been tried....but, usually the ones posted are excellent. Don't you have all of Daneri's cheesecakes??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sweet and Savory Cheesecake...??? by cjs (I just never cared f...)
Oh my the ones I have tried of his are WONDERFUL. I have one from justwingit too that is great as well. I'll have to remember that one for fall.

As for this one, it isn't on her restaurant menu but it is on the Wisconsin Cheese website...I will give it a shot as the mix of stuff sounds unique and I have a bunch of blue cheese in the freezer and can only make myself so much dressing.
  Re: Re: Sweet and Savory Cheesecake...??? by firechef (Oh my the ones I hav...)
Well, if you need help getting rid of the blue cheese, you've got my address!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.