Silicon Bakeware???
  Re: (...)
Does anyone out in C@HLand have Silicon bakeware? Use it? like it? I guess I'm too old school for the new fandangled materials, but...

Roy drove himself crazy cleaning those darn "non-stick" mini muffin pans to reuse so quickly last night. So now I'm thinking of giving these a try.

Hoping some of you can give me some opinions and suggestions. thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Silicon Bakeware??? by cjs (Does anyone out in [...)
We used silicon mini muffin tins for the wedding. They worked really well - just didn't have enough. The food does just pop out! I only had 2 12 muffin pans - not enough, I should not have left the 24 muffin metal pan at home! I'd like to get more silicone if we ever do that again.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Silicon Bakeware??? by Harborwitch (We used silicon mini...)
Roy couldn't stand it, so he ran down and picked up a silicone muffin (regular size) 'pan' - we tried a little batch of the zucchini quiches and man, they came out like a dream. The only down side I can see is they just don't brown like metal does. So, it's a toss up which is more important...the dish dog says go with the silicone..
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Silicon Bakeware??? by cjs (Roy couldn't stand i...)
We did the little mac & cheeses and the tortilla cups in the silicon pans. The mac & cheeses did need a little extra time - but the tortilla cups came out crisp and prefect.

I agree with the dish dog - go silicone!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Silicon Bakeware??? by Harborwitch (We did the little ma...)
What is a dish dog?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Silicon Bakeware??? by luvnit (What is a dish dog? ...)
"What is a dish dog?" - Roy

dish dog is the dish washer, Laura.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Silicon Bakeware??? by cjs ("What is a dish dog?...)
Oh and just to add to the silicone thing. I don't have them but I have read that you can use the cups to freeze appys prior to baking. I don't remember what appitizers they were. But they were prepared in the cups, frozen, popped out and placed in a baggie to cook later.

I bet that would work with a lot of appys: tarts, quiches,
etc. I will have to go online and see if I can find the recipe that had it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Silicon Bakeware??? by luvnit (Oh and just to add t...)
I received a set for christmas, 2 8" round pans, 1 9" sq, cupcake and bread. I don't think I'd ever buy anything else for baking, they're great.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Silicon Bakeware??? by Corinne (I received a set for...)
cory, does your bread brown??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Silicon Bakeware??? by cjs (cory, does your brea...)
Interesting----I asked this question about TWO YEARS ago and had NO response----needless to say I have never tried these gems---now I may go and purchase the ones that have been on the market here for a while----

THANKS for the feedback, y'all---- FINALLY!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy