Sunday Dinner?
  Re: (...)
I'm trying to really cook economically here these days and am trying to come up with ideas for miscellaneous ingredients I have leftover from other meals. I've got some arugula, a half a red onion and feta cheese leftover - found a nice looking top sirloin steak on sale Friday so I'll throw it together for a blackened steak salad. Garlic bread too.

And you?
  Re: Sunday Dinner? by Trixxee (I'm trying to really...)
Nothing tonight, my folks are taking my sister and myself out for dinner to say thank for their anniversary party.

It's sad I would rather cook dinner for all of them, but have never cook dinner for my folks or my sister because they are all such picky eaters. Lol it would be a hugh challenge and way too many dishes haha.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by DFen911 (Nothing tonight, my ...)
I WILL make Molto Manicotti tonight, even if I didn't get to make bread! I'm off to get some prep work done and switch out the laundry! Then I've got papers to grade.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I WILL make Molto Ma...)
That laundry is always there, isn't it Takes up way too much of my time.

I have no idea what to cook for supper, better get moving. I know I will have the rest of the green bean/feta/lemon vin salad I made at work yesterday. The rest is on the table, so to speak. Or not, if he does't give me a clue in the next few hours.

PJ

The manicotti sounds good, Daphne, one of these days, Picky Eaters be damned! I'm just going to cook what I want
PJ
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by pjcooks (That laundry is alwa...)
We are doing fish and chips with tartar sauce and cole slaw/ dry white wine, maybe a chablis or sancerre.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Old Bay (We are doing fish an...)
Sounds good, Bill. How you preparing your fish?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good, Bill. ...)
I've got some thin boneless pork chops, some leaf spinach, some ricotta, some fresh mozzarella , some broccoli and plenty of spices and seasonings so I am going to play. Oh yeah I have a bag of Russet potatoes too. Making something but need to do the dishes and start the weeks laundry so Holly has clothes for work in the morning...a man's work is never done...lucky for me the baby is sleeping.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good, Bill. ...)
Quote:

Sounds good, Bill. How you preparing your fish?

We are deep frying with a tempura batter.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
What? Not a beer batter? Or are you doing a beer based tempura batter?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by firechef (What? Not a beer ba...)
I would love to see a tried and true tempura batter...beer or not. It is the best for gator and I'm still holding out they're going to get it in at the store before the cook off. We were able to have it quite often a few years ago. We tried it with several batters and tempura was the best. It is soooooo good. OH MAN! Honey Mustard dipping sauce....HEAVEN!
Daphne