My Stove
  Re: (...)
I get to have my new stove. I saved $600 by waiting until March 30th to buy it. It is a Sears Stainless Steel w/Black trim Elite 30" free-standing range. It has 5 sealed gas burners, changeable grill/grate for center burner, 5 cu. ft. convection oven, warm/hold drawer, grate material is cast iron, oven racks are porcelain coated. Woohoo! Consumer Reports rates this stove as #3 with Bosch and GE leading the way. Both of which run $2,000 with the Kenmore at $1910. I'm happy.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: My Stove by bjcotton (I get to have my new...)
Congratulations Billy! We have always liked Kenmore. William was pretty mad when I went with another brand when we renovated. I'm wishing now I'd gone with Kenmore....except for my cooktop.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My Stove by Gourmet_Mom (Congratulations Bill...)
Sears brand or Kenmore? I'm trying to find a picture of it. Can't wait to see it!
Congratulations Sweetie! Sounds wonderful. You are so going to love cooking on it!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Hooray for you!

That is wonderful news! Sounds like you will have your new range very soon. How cool is that?!

You deserve it Billy!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Is it something like this?

Looks great!

Sorry, couldn't get the link to work...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: My Stove by esgunn (Is it something like...)
Billy, that's wonderful news! You truly deserve this! The new range sounds fantastic, lots of great features. Sure wish you didn't have to wait until the end of the month, but hopefully the days will fly by for you. In the meantime, maybe you should treat yourself to a few new pieces of cookware or gadgets to use when your new stove arrives.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My Stove by Mare749 (Billy, that's wonder...)
Here is a link to the page that shows it.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605...rd=kenmore elite 79443&sLevel=0

I got the third degree after I told Paul about it. Sears will deliver and haul away the old one, but they will NOT hook it up. He wanted to know who was going to cut the hole in the wall for the gas line to go through, who provided the piping, the regulator, did it run on 220 or 110, etc. He was unhappy when I told him I didn't know. I'll call the gas company Monday and find out if they will do the hookup, etc. They usually will.

I am planning on things to cook after it's all hooked up and ready. Once I decide what recipes I want to make, I'll make sure I have all the ingredients to make them.

I may have to wait a few days extra because I don't think they have that model sitting around and it'll have to be ordered, but that's okay. Just knowing I'm going to get it makes me happy and believe it or not, I do have some patience about [] that much
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: My Stove by bjcotton (Here is a link to th...)
Billy it's beautiful!! Oh you must be so giddy!
  Re: Re: My Stove by bjcotton (Here is a link to th...)
Billy, Mine is a newer (1 year old) convection Kenmore - made by frigidaire I think.

I know you were hesitant about the convecion oven. Mine came calebrated to take the convection into account. So you did not have to adjust your temps or cooking time. You could manually overide it if you wanted to. It was more important to me to not have to over think all my recipes. Just having a new oven that cooked to temp, was adjustment enough. The convection cooking is better and I will often cook to the lowest suggest time - but it is still better and easier. Maybe no true convection - quicker and lower temp - but it is a much more even cooking temp. I love it.

Hope I didn't ramble too much and confuse you. Just make sure you read your manual and find out how the oven temp and time are/or are not compensated for.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.