A little cake decorating project
  Re: (...)
Oh how I wish I could say these were mine. My aunt sent me these pictures. It is from a Russian Cake Decorating contest.

We've all see Foodnetwork Ace of Cakes, but some reason these really intrigued me.

[Image: RussianPepsiCanCake.jpg]

[Image: KitchenCake.jpg]

And my favorite -

[Image: SewingMachineCake.jpg]
  Re: A little cake decorating project by DFen911 (Oh how I wish I coul...)
Oh my goodness look at all the detail! Amazing. I seriously thought the 'soda cans' were real! I wondered, why is this picture in here? I had to look twice.

These are great! Ace of Cakes does a beautiful job, don't they?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: A little cake decorating project by luvnit (Oh my goodness look ...)
I'm with Laura! I had to look twice, too. I keep scrolling up and down looking at them. WOW! The tile floor on the kitchen cake looks so real! And the sewing machine...OMG!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A little cake decorating project by Gourmet_Mom (I'm with Laura! I h...)
Wow...if I gave up coffee and could get over this newly developed tremor problem I might be able to frost a cake. So glad I am primarily a "savoury" Chef.

These are amazing...I am so impressed with this kind of talent and even the "simpler" stuff you see in the bakeries at the grocery store.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: A little cake decorating project by firechef (Wow...if I gave up c...)
I've enjoyed the Ace of Cakes but I find these even more amazing. Unbelievable!
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: A little cake decorating project by Corinne (I've enjoyed the Ace...)
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: A little cake decorating project by bjcotton ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Lord, why I don't do pastry/baking. Those are amazing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A little cake decorating project by DFen911 (Oh how I wish I coul...)
I love all of them, but especially the sewing machine, the best of both worlds, cooking and sewing. Incredible!

Thanks for sharing this. Maybe someday I'll get up my nerve and try it...(yeah, right)...

PJ
PJ