Saturday dinner plans anyone?
  Re: (...)
Anyone have any "big plans" for Saturday night?

I have been "suckered" into a "Wild Game Feed" with Holly's Dad. It is all of the things I like food wise with a bunch of old guys...could be fun?

I was hooked on the thought of venison. I just hope these guys have "advanced" enough palates to enjoy venison in steak, rib or roast form and not just ground. If I am lucky someone will have bear steaks. I am thinking it is mainly pheasant, quail, turkey and venison and fish. These guys are kind of set in their ways after all...can't teach these old dogs new tricks...at least not easily.

What is everyone else doing for dinner tonight? I am assuming Holly is going out with her Mom or friends...actually I am sure of it.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Saturday dinner plans anyone? by firechef (Anyone have any "big...)
I'm in the kitchen all day today

Cuban Pork Chili with homemade sofrito
18 Hour Bread
Molten Lava Cakes

It's a yum fest here! (pictures to follow)
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner plans anyone? by DFen911 (I'm in the kitchen a...)
I had planned on making Molto Manicotti, but I may not be able to get button mushrooms until tomorrow. Local store doesn't usually have them, but I'll check. I'm not daring the highway today with this wind! Just not worth it.

I did get my subscription today...FINALLY! So I'm checking that out.

LJ, it looks like you may be in for a big time! I'll have to take pictures when we have our Wild Game Cookoff later this month. Some of those people really go all out! Unfortunately, the old guy that used to make bear stew died recently. He will be missed.

Wow Diane, sounds like you really are going all out!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner plans anyone? by Gourmet_Mom (I had planned on mak...)
Tonight a group of friends (we all take cooking classes together)

are meeting and going to dinner at a chosen Restaurant -

This time it is at a place called the Star Bar in Anacortes, have no Idea

what the menu is like - but hear he is a really good Chef. it's always a

fun time.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner plans anyone? by mjkcooking (Tonight a group of f...)
We're in the midst of the worst winter storm of the season, so we're staying inside tonight. Ron went out earlier and used the snow blower to clean off the driveway and it appeared to be about a foot deep just from overnight, and it's still snowing.

So.....baking 18 hour bread in my kitchen oven, and have a couple slabs of ribs steaming in beer in the basement oven.
We put a rub on them last night, then today put them on racks on baking sheets, pour in the beer and cover with foil. I let them go for about 2 1/2 hours in a low oven, then coat with BBQ sauce and baked uncovered for another 20-30 minutes. They always come out perfect.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner plans anyone? by Mare749 (We're in the midst o...)
I've narrowed it down to something Thai'ish - with chicken and Thai basil. Not sure yet exactly what I'm going to do. Jasmine rice on the side of course.
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner plans anyone? by Trixxee (I've narrowed it dow...)
Who's Diane?

Mare that sounds yummy!

I swear if I win the lottery I am getting us all together for a big dinner and we're all gonna play and cook and have fun for a couple of days.

**makes note to buy lottery ticket today**
  Re: Saturday dinner plans anyone? by firechef (Anyone have any "big...)
We're going to Gavins, in Middleton, Ma. Is anyone (from or formerly from New England) familiar with this restaurant? Can only find reviews, no website, apparently.

Now that I've asked this question, I'll go back and read what you all are doing for dinner

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner plans anyone? by pjcooks (We're going to Gavin...)
Diane, Denise...you go by either, right?

OMG, I getting as bad a Jean...LOL!
(Sorry Jean, I needed to feel better...LOL!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner plans anyone? by Gourmet_Mom (Diane, Denise...you ...)
We were gonna have Molto Manicotti tonight also so I asked hubby to go to the grocery store. We go busy doing other things and now it looks like Molto will be tomorrow.

I think we may have a version of the Beef Stroganoff tonight (again). We loved that too!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura