Finally, a firm time for my range
  Re: (...)
I managed to save Paul thousands of dollars this year, got our taxes filed and got the results today....He said when we got the check I get my stove...yahoooooooooooo! I won't tell you exactly how much we're getting back, but Federal is in excess of $8,500 and State is in excess of $2,600, so I'm not going to just settle for a basic stove
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Finally, a firm time for my range by bjcotton (I managed to save Pa...)
Good for you, Billy, have fun shopping!! (Wish I were there to shop with you!)

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Finally, a firm time for my range by pjcooks (Good for you, Billy,...)
Wow, Billy! You're in business!! My dream stove would be gas, pull off burners and put in griddle, or grill, or deep fryer, a warming oven, a broiler like RR has on her show, a place to keep plates warm, and a salamander. And preferably someone standing beside it telling me how to cook!! So, what kind are you looking for?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Finally, a firm time for my range by bjcotton (I managed to save Pa...)
Yeah! I am jumping for joy for you Billy! That is wonderful news. I hope you get a Cadillac range. Keep us posted. Shopping is half the fun!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Finally, a firm time for my range by luvnit (Yeah! I am jumping f...)
Wow, what fun! That would certainly get me out of the house, Billy. Have a great time shopping and keep us posted on what you find.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Finally, a firm time for my range by Mare749 (Wow, what fun! That...)
I don't really need anything fancy, wouldn't know what to do with a salamander if I had one [do they need an aquarium or a sandy area like a snake?]. If I got a convection oven I'd have to learn to bake/roast all over again. Like Lolly I want one that I can pull the middle burners and put in a griddle or grill and maybe a warming oven and at least one burner with high BTUs. 36 to 40" range with about a 5 cu. ft. oven.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Finally, a firm time for my range by bjcotton (I don't really need ...)
Happy shopping Billy! I sure wish I had the option for gas...I'd be shopping with you!

And good for you on the good job with taxes! Unfortunately, I'll probably be owing instead of earning.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Finally, a firm time for my range by Gourmet_Mom (Happy shopping Billy...)
Alright Billy...I am soooo happy for you. The same century and all! Hope it is a nice one and more important practical for your needs and willed to me...just kidding on that last part my friend.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Finally, a firm time for my range by firechef (Alright Billy...I am...)
Billy you are going to have so much fun shopping. Start online, then hit the stores and be sure to check out home shows.

Oh I can almost hear the new sizzle sound now!!