Dinner Thursday Night
  Re: (...)
I really like this kinda thread. I get great ideas.

Earlier in the week we had the Japanese eggplant pizza Jean posted in another thread and DH LOVED it! He asked last night when we were having pizza again. (I used Jean's pizza dough recipe and added the oregano and basil. YUM!) Today at the store I was picking up some shrimp to do the Alexander Sauce with pecan crusted grouper. I then wandered around trying to decide what to have tomorrow night...why make two trips to the store when one will do? I picked up several things when I realized what I really wanted was a veggie meal. That's when it hit me....veggie pizzas! I ditched the fish idea for another night and picked up stuff to do the pizzas....zuchinni, broccoli, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper, and cheese! I can't wait! DH is going to be sooo surprised!

What's everybody else having?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Dinner Thursday Night by Gourmet_Mom (I really like this k...)
That sounds yummy! We just had homemade pizzas last night. One was strictly pepperoni for the kiddies. Hubby and I had pepperoni, shrimp, green olives and yellow and red peppers.

Tonight, I am out of energy. I need a glass of water and whatever hubby decides to make or pick up.

I will listen to what the others say and get ideas for next week though. I love these threads too! Jean will be proud that we kept up with everything.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Dinner Thursday Night by luvnit (That sounds yummy! W...)
I thawed some canneloni. Some are spinach, goat cheese, fresh ricotta. The others are sausage (my homemade ones )ricotta, parm. I made a really simple tomato sauce that I got years ago at an Italian cooking class I took in a restaurant. Fresh buffalo mozz on top. Caesar salad for two of us. a wedgie of iceberg for athe third.

I've got pizza on the list for next week. Two of us always have veggie ones, the third needs his pepperoni. Such a great, easy meal. By easy, I mean I don't have to think while Im cooking it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Thursday Night by Lorraine (I thawed some cannel...)
Well, everything is sliced, julienned, and shredded. The dough is rising. (I'm a little worried about my roasted garlic....I hope I didn't let it go too long!)

Laura, I keep telling you that you need more rest! You're never going to get well.

Lorraine, those canneloni sound incredible. I'm determined to freeze some of that kind of thing this summer. As a matter of fact I'm planning on making up pizza dough this weekend for DD and freezing it for her to use. She's going to flip.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Thursday Night by Gourmet_Mom (Well, everything is ...)
I bought some nice looking salmon today so we'll grill that with a glaze made of light soy sauce/brown sugar/chinese mustard. Steamed broccolini and jasmine rice on the side.
  Re: Re: Dinner Thursday Night by Trixxee (I bought some nice l...)
We had dinner at the inlaws tonight. They made a HUGE roasting pan of stuffed cabbage, mashed potatoes, homemade bread and boston cream cake. We all waddled out to our cars.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Thursday Night by Mare749 (We had dinner at the...)
I did stir fry. I had a couple of chicken breasts, and decided to use all the extra veggies I had left over from the 'breakfast' and the 'anniversary' party. We had a red bell pepper, some extra broccoli, a couple bunches of green onions, a can each of bamboo shoots and water chesnuts. Made a sauce of hoisin sauce and soy and made some jasmine rice to go with it.

Stir fry is so easy and fun and a great way to use left over veggies.
  Re: Re: Dinner Thursday Night by DFen911 (I did stir fry. I ha...)
A tossed Green salad w/dried cranberries and a side of cottage cheese? I'm trying not to irritate my pancreas, heavens knows why, it irritates me anough
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy