Dinner Tuesday Night?
  Re: (...)
Well my plans for minestrone went out the window after reading H.C.'s post re egg salad.

I'm taking it easy and having Roasted Red Pepper soup with tomatoes (out of the box) - topped with a little Parm and basil - and egg salad sandwiches on 18 hour bread.

I usually put in my egg salad -
eggs
sweet pickle relish
red onions
miracle whip & mustard (sometimes honey-mustard)
Iceberg lettuce

and once in a while, I'll fry up a little bacon and add that.

What do you all do - and post before I make mine, 'cause I'll probably want to try them all.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by cjs (Well my plans for mi...)
You know, I just love egg salad and never make it. I remember my mom mincing up some celery leaves and adding that to the egg salad. I'm not sure, but she may have added a small amount of diced celery in there too. It was so good. I like that roasted red pepper soup in a box too. Is that the one from Trader Joe's?

Oh, about dinner, hmmm, don't know yet, but yours sounds good!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by Mare749 (You know, I just lov...)
...and easy

I've had their's also, but this one is from Central Market.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by cjs (...and easy [img]/ub...)
Planning on the pan roasted salmon from the latest issue tonight.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by HomeCulinarian (Planning on the pan ...)
I throw celery, bacon & light mayo in my egg salad. I had an avocado the other day that needed to be used up and that was pretty good on the sandwich too.

Tonight we're having chicken enchiladas (even though I'm sick of chicken). What's even worse, we'll have leftover chicken enchiladas tomorrow night. Boo. Hiss.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by Trixxee (I throw celery, baco...)
I think Holly is bringing home dinner tonight. Kambree is road tripping with her uncle down to see a friend of his in Ames. We therefore get the house to ourselves for a few hours for the first time in since the holidays...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by firechef (I think Holly is bri...)
We're having last nights dinner that halibut dinner that got put on hold.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by Lorraine (We're having last ni...)
The Gyro lamb chop dinner from Dinner for Two----the flavors sounded wonderful and I made this for the "dinner party" that was meant to be......you guys are missing a very nice meal.....if you have access to lamb rib chops at some point, keep this one in mind. You won't be sorry---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by Roxanne 21 (The Gyro lamb chop d...)
hmmm, they be in my freezer... shoot, just realized I don't have that book....is it worth getting??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by cjs (Well my plans for mi...)
Tonight is my semi-homemade night (hubby is business traveling, I'm on my own with the kids and have a PTO mtg. tonight). We're having tri-color (frozen) tortellini with peas and bacon. I'm serving it with a four cheese sauce (McCormick's sauce mix).
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]