Fresh Spinach?
  Re: (...)
After reading about this a while back, I am a bit leary of using the spinach in my fridge. I bought the bag...only thing available locally...Dole a little over a week ago. It got put in a spot where I couldn't see it and with all that's been going on lately, I forgot it. The "Best if used by" date is Feb 22. It still looks crisp, no wilting or dark spots. Should I use it or toss it? If I used it, I'd be cooking with it, not using in a salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Fresh Spinach? by Gourmet_Mom (After reading about ...)
If there's no wilting or black spots, I say use it!!! Just bought a bunch today, (locally grown, not washed) so it's soaking in cold water now. I'm going to fry it up tomorrow with fish.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Fresh Spinach? by Lorraine (If there's no wiltin...)
I agree with Lorraine.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fresh Spinach? by cjs (I agree with Lorrain...)
Make it 3!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Fresh Spinach? by pjcooks (Make it 3! [br][br]P...)
I just made some for tomorrow's lunch. Two huge handfuls, chopped in 3. I left all the long stems on. Heated a bit of oil in the pan, tossed in the spinach, turned it with the tongs a few times, when almost done, added a bit of sesame oil, and a bit of soya sauce. Unfortunately, we ate most of it from the pan while it was cooling, and will have to make more.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Fresh Spinach? by Lorraine (I just made some for...)
I think I'll cook it up tonight and use it Tuesday in the poultry pockets.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.