Food Network to drop chef from Dinner: Impossible
  Re: (...)
I'll just let the quote say it all:
Quote:

Food Network plans to drop celebrity chef Robert Irvine, host of "Dinner: Impossible," from the cable channel's lineup for cooking up a resume with plenty of garnish but light on honest ingredients, according to reports on several online news sites.

Irvine had boasted that he was a graduate of the University of Leeds and had cooked for Princess Diana. Those and other claims were embellishments at best, according to a report Feb. 17 in the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times.

News of the the newspaper's investigation spread, and on Friday the cable network issued a statement that was disseminated by reporters covering the food and entertainment industry.

Jeff Houck reprinted the statement on his blog, The Stew, on TBO.com in Tampa, Fla.:

"We looked into the situation and found that, as Robert as already admitted, there were some embellishments and inaccuracies in his resume," Food Network President Brooke Johnson is quoted as saying. "The few and minor incidents of the inclusion of these embellishments into 'Dinner Impossible' have been removed.

"The show is, and has always been, completely accurate in the depiction of the cooking challenges faced by Robert. We will continue airing both old shows and the new season of programs currently in production. We have not renewed Robert’s contract for future seasons but will fulfill our contractual obligations."

The network also released a statement from Irvine:

“I was wrong to exaggerate in statements related to my experiences regarding the Royal Family. ... I am truly sorry for the errors in my judgment," Irvine said, as quoted on Houck's blog.

(Source: FoxNews, whose original sources were The St. Petersburg Times and Tampa Bay Online.)
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Food Network to drop chef from Dinner: Impossible by labradors (I'll just let the qu...)
I'm sorry--I liked him--at least he came clean--I liked Jeff Smith too--I was crushed.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Food Network to drop chef from Dinner: Impossible by Old Bay (I'm sorry--I liked h...)
What a shame. One stupid little embellishment!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Food Network to drop chef from Dinner: Impossible by Gourmet_Mom (What a shame. One s...)
His was one of the few shows I liked on Food Network. I guess I will just watch the occasional Food Network Challenge, Iron Chef America and Throw Down with Bobby Flay. If I time the repeats during the week I can watch them all the same night. Guess I will be watching more HGTV...oh well, I can always read a book.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Food Network to drop chef from Dinner: Imposs by firechef (His was one of the f...)
Maybe this will be the opening Food Network has to draw Chef Gordon Ramsay into their clutches? It says that the Chef is going but says nothing of the show itself which is produced by Marc Summers of Unwrapped and Family Double Dare fame.

Anyone remember that show? Wonder whatever happened to his sidekick Harvey?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Food Network to drop chef from Dinner: Imposs by firechef (Maybe this will be t...)
Quote:

Family Double Dare

You lost me on that one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Food Network to drop chef from Dinner: Imposs by firechef (Maybe this will be t...)
I remember Marc Summers from Nickelodeon. How long ago was that?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Food Network to drop chef from Dinner: Imposs by pjcooks (I remember Marc Summ...)
I believe he 'came clean' after he was busted.

I really liked Jeff Smith, too. That was just shocking.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Food Network to drop chef from Dinner: Imposs by Corinne (I believe he 'came c...)
Food Network is looking for a replacement to "Chef" Irvine for the 5th season of Dinner:Impossible. I would like to see them draw in Chef Ramsay or pull Chef Simon (sp I know) from Iron Chef America and put him in. I just can't see any of their current celebs pulling it off in a convincing manor. Maybe Bobby Flay but he needs another show about as much as Miss Ray does.

I think Denise would be perfect for it...
  Re: Re: Food Network to drop chef from Dinner: Imposs by firechef (Food Network is look...)
I really enjoy Chef Irvine's show, and am really sad about what transpired. I don't know who they could replace him with that would make me watch it. I'm not all that impressed with Chef Symon, I'm a bit Ramsey'd out, and I really dislike watching Bobby Flay.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.