The Breakfast
  Re: (...)
Well today was the big breakfast for Derek’s co-workers.

Everything went perfectly! I was so tickled The day before I cooked off the sausage and bacon and left them both just shy of fully cooked. Got them chilled down and wrapped up in the fridge. I also made the gravy with the pan drippings and the dough for the buttermilk biscuits.

This morning I was off and cooking by 6am. First up was the apple cheddar bread pudding. Since I was making two big pans of this lusciousness I knew I would have to increase the cook time a bit and leave room in case it needed more time. Then I had the fruit all sliced, and started on the potatoes for the hash browns. The first guest arrived at 7am, even though no one was supposed to come till 7:30. But I had the coffee ready to be fired off.

Needless to say everything came out wonderful. And Derek got to be a shining star today and earned brownie points I’m sure.

Tomorrow the food prep day begins for my parents big 50th anniversary. (Thus my other thread about the meatball sauce)

There really is no way to describe how exhausting it is to plan for a large party and then execute it, while at the same time having such a gratifying feeling when it’s done of what was accomplished. What a wonderful hobby/career/past-time/ we all have!
  Re: The Breakfast by DFen911 (Well today was the b...)
Quote:

There really is no way to describe how exhausting it is to plan for a large party and then execute it, while at the same time having such a gratifying feeling when it’s done of what was accomplished. What a wonderful hobby/career/past-time/ we all have!

I can't wait! Will my day ever come?!?! Isn't there a Cinderella theme song like that? "Some dayyyyy....."

Sorry Denise...Congratulations on your big success! Ride the wave to the finish on your parents' anniversary party! You're gonna do GREAT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The Breakfast by Gourmet_Mom ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Great job Denise! It sounds like everything turned out perfectly. Hope all goes smoothly with your parents party as well. Be sure to take pictures.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: The Breakfast by Mare749 (Great job Denise! I...)
It doesn't get better than this--congratulations--I just make sure I do some sort of pork tenderloin for something like this--I take the easy way out--you are a pro!!! You also handle the emotions very well--hell,just admit it--you're good--and stable--enjoy the success my friend.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Wow! I always admire those that can cook well for a crowd. Good for you, sounds like everything was well thought out and well prepared.

Congratulations!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: The Breakfast by luvnit (Wow! I always admire...)
Fantastic! Another success under the belt, Denise. Hope you're able to enjoy part of your folk's party tomorrow!! I catered one of my daughter's weddings and while I was so glad I did, I sure didn't get to visit with folks much.

Have fun!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Way to go! Hope the 50th is equally successful.
  Re: Re: The Breakfast by cjs (Fantastic! Another s...)
Wonderful Denise! What a treat for all the men who work with your husband. Hey, maybe they will have you start catering all the office meetings and get togethers.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: The Breakfast by Corinne (Wonderful Denise! W...)
So glad it went well for you. The confidence must be high now...hope all goes well for the anniversary party. Keep us posted and know we're all pulling for you! Did you add sausage to the bread pudding?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: The Breakfast by firechef (So glad it went well...)
I wonder how Denise is getting along? I hope all is going well! She's bound to be up to her elbows right about now.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.