Dessert Drink
  Re: (...)
The other night Ron and I were out with our kids at a local place for dinner and their "drink of the month" is called Tiramisu. It was mighty tasty so I wrote down the ingredients for future reference.

Here goes:
Godiva Liquor
Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka
Frangelico
Kahlua
Cream
Splash of Coke

Sorry I don't have amounts, maybe try a shot glass of each and serve over cracked ice.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Dessert Drink by Mare749 (The other night Ron ...)
oh yeah, a shot glass of each.....a knock you on your a$$ drink to be sure!! But the flavors sure sound good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dessert Drink by cjs (oh yeah, a shot glas...)
OMG! You are the devil for sure Maryanne! I just gave up Kahlua and here you go posting a recipe for a drink that tastes like my FAVORITE dessert! ARRRRGGGG!

OK, now that I got that off my chest, please, please, PLEASE get the measures right and post. I can NOT be the chemist here....LOL! But I have GOT to try this! I SWEAR I will only buy MINI bottles to make just ONE! (Yea, right! )

BTW, the coke seems kinda odd (?). I'm trying to figure out how it fits in?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dessert Drink by Gourmet_Mom (OMG! You are the de...)
Sorry Daphne, I have no idea as I wrote the ingredients down on a napkin and that's all that was stated on the menu with no amounts. I guess the coke just gives it a little fizz. A shot glass of each item would be a bit potent, wouldn't it? The drink was served in a tall glass, probably 12 oz. and had lots of crushed ice. So, I'm thinking maybe just a 1/2 ounce of each liquor, then a splash of cream, and a splash of coke? Guess I'll just have to experiment with this one......
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dessert Drink by Mare749 (Sorry Daphne, I have...)
and crawl back and report.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dessert Drink by cjs (and crawl back and r...)
Recipes are all over the internet and I suppose you could get ideas on ratios

The tiramisu is a rich, tantalizing, and oh so luscious drink. Several liquers combine effortlessly with vanilla ice cream to form a positively distinguished libation. I came upon this recipe through a good friend who tends bar at a local restaurant, she was kind enough to pass it along, and now I'm passing it along to you. Enjoy!

1 oz. Amaretto Liquer
1 oz. Kahlua Liquer
1 oz. Godiva White Chocolate Liquer
6 oz. Milk
3 to 4 Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
5 Ice Cubes

The Ultimate Tirimisu 1 part Starbucks Coffee Liqueur, 2 parts Absolut Vanilla Vodka, 1 part Almond-Flavored Liqueur. Serve in a rocks glass and top with whipped cream.

Tirimisu
Makes 5 cocktails

1 cup milk chocolate ice cream topping or melted milk chocolate

5 large sugar cones

1 cup Torani tiramisu syrup

5 tablespoons rum

4 cups whipped cream, plus more for garnish

1 cup milk

Chocolate sprinkles, for garnish

Melt chocolate in a double boiler or carefully in the microwave until it is easily pourable. Pour chocolate into each of the cones, completely coating the inside. Pour any excess into the next cone until each is coated. Place cones upside down on a tray in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.

In a large bowl, fold tiramisu syrup, rum, whipped cream and milk together. Transfer to a measuring cup with a spout and fill each of the cones with the mixture. Stand cones upright in tall shot glasses or other stand and let the drink set for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.

When ready to serve, pipe a whipped cream peak on top of each cone and garnish with chocolate sprinkles. Serve with a bendable straw.

(From Chef Yvan-David Lemoine for Torani)

Tiramisu
Veritable Quandary , Portland, OR
(www.veritablequandary.com)

1 oz. coffee flavored liqueur
1/2 oz. Rum
1 shot of espresso
Shake with ice, strain
Pour into glass of choice, martini or other glass with stem preferred
Garnish with whipped cream.

Tiramisu Cocktail
from Great Food Live

For a gloriously indulgent treat try Wayne Collins's delicious cocktail, inspired by Italian tiramisu

Servings: 1
Level of difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients
50ml Cognac
25ml coffee liqueur
25ml chocolate liqueur
50ml single cream
2 tbsp Mascarpone
25ml sugar syrup
2 ice cubes, for shaking

Method
Place the Cognac, coffee liqueur, chocolate liqueur, cream, mascarpone cheese, sugar syrup and ice in a cocktail shaker and shake thoroughly.

Double-strain the cocktail into a martini glass and garnish with dark cocoa powder and sponge fingers drizzled with vanilla syrup.

Irish Tiramisu
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 1/4 cup espresso
- 4 oz Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 1/3 cup mascarpone
- 2 scoops vanilla, chocolate or coffee ice cream
- 2 to 4 ice cubes
- 2 soft ladyfinger cookies sliced lengthwise or shortbread wafers
- Chocolate-hazelnut spread
- Chocolate syrup

Blend together espresso, Irish Cream, ice cream, mascarpone, ice cream and ice until smooth. Drizzle chocolate syrup along inside edges of oversized martini glasses. Pour mixture from blender into glasses. Spread a layer of chocolate-layzelnut spread in between the ladyfingers or sandwich between two shortbread cookies. Pass the cookies to dip in the cocktails. (Variation: Rim glass with chocolate syrup by dipping glass in a plate with chocolate syrup)
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Dessert Drink by Corinne (Recipes are all over...)
Well, here goes my weekend.....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dessert Drink by cjs (Well, here goes my w...)
I take it you have decided to try each of the above recipes, all for investigative purposes. I love a gal who takes one for the team!
  Re: Re: Dessert Drink by iBcookin (I take it you have d...)
I am game at trying these...sending Kambree to Grandma's for the weekend and this sounds like fun in an odd sort of way. Only thing I have planned is church on Sunday morning and a NASCAR race on TV Sunday afternoon. I am sure a few drinks spread out between tonight and Sunday afternoon will not hurt, too much.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Dessert Drink by firechef (I am game at trying ...)
"I love a gal who takes one for the team!" - God knows I try!!
www.achefsjourney.com