A Wine For Honey Mustard Dressing
  Re: (...)
Sweet and tangy is sometimes hard to match to a wine. Last night I made my Honey Mustard dressing and we were drinking a very nice bottle of Tobin James Chateau Le Cacheflo '05 Paso Robles Red Table wine - ~ $11.50. It was a wonderful match with the green salad and dressing! Then I grabbed a glass of my 'house' box wine - Black Box Merlot and again, it was a great match.

So, anyone looking for a wine to go with that type of dressing - there you go.

The dressing I make -
3/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
1 T. prepared mustard
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. onion, minced
1/2 tsp. horseradish sauce
1/3 cup vege oil

P.S. the Tobin James Red Table wine is a blend of Syrah, Sangiovese and Barbera - wonderful!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A Wine For Honey Mustard Dressing by cjs (Sweet and tangy is s...)
I doubt I can get the wine here ( you folks get way more variety than I do) but thanks for a great sounding recipe! What did you use it on?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: A Wine For Honey Mustard Dressing by Lorraine (I doubt I can get th...)
Thanks Jean, that recipe sounds good. And, I'll keep the wine info.

Whatever happened to the wine pairing dinner we were all going to review? I think it was Old Bay who suggested it. I wrote mine up already.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A Wine For Honey Mustard Dressing by Mare749 (Thanks Jean, that re...)
"Whatever happened to the wine pairing dinner we were all going to review? I think it was Old Bay who suggested it. I wrote mine up already. "

WHAT? What did I miss????? I don't remember that.

Just a green salad, in fact darn little in the frig to even make a salad, but needed to test it again and go for pictures....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Wine For Honey Mustard Dressing by cjs ("Whatever happened t...)
Thanks for the wine information and the recipe as well.

I think I recall talk of wine and trying new stuff or drinking the stuff you have, but don't recall a wine pairing dinner...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: A Wine For Honey Mustard Dressing by cjs (Sweet and tangy is s...)
I love the dressing--would not have thought of a red to go with it. The only dressings I have paired with a red are blu cheese or Caesers. I would normally use sauvignon blanc or pinot gris. I will try your pairing--thanks.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: A Wine For Honey Mustard Dressing by Old Bay (I love the dressing-...)
Surprised me also!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Wine For Honey Mustard Dressing by cjs (Surprised me also!...)
I am making this dressing tonight...well attempting to. I am going to go out on a ledge here and assume that I should whisk all ingredients together and then slowly whisk in the vegetable oil at the end? Can I substitute a good olive oil in place of the vegetable oil? I'll try the olive oil and see how it turns out...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: A Wine For Honey Mustard Dressing by firechef (I am making this dre...)
Let us know how it works out LJ. I am interested in trying this. Maybe tomorrow night on my salad with my salmon? Whatcha think?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Wine For Honey Mustard Dressing by Gourmet_Mom (Let us know how it w...)
THIS IS THE GREATEST HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING I HAVE EVER HAD! I made it with "e.v.o.o." and it was INCREDIBLE! Holly normally does not like honey mustard on salads but we both went back for seconds on the salad! It is easy to make and tastes incredible. Our salad was a simple mix of romaine, red cabbage and carrots and fresh spinach with cucumbers.

We had a nice risotto made with pork stock and garlic and parsley. The main course was an applewood bacon wrapped pork medallion that I left marinating in Apple Brandy for about 12 hours. I made Lorraine's Bavarian Apple Torte that Billy posted but we are too stuffed for it now. We had Holly's favourite wine which I am embarrassed to say is Great Vines Blackberry Merlot.

I'll let you know about the torte when we have room for it...