Denise, This One's For You!!
  Re: (...)
Look what I found in the new Food & Wine...

Mojito Jell-O Shots With White Rum and Fresh Mint
10 servings

Instead of combining vodka with flavored Jell-O mix, Symon (Chef Michael Symon) concocts a refreshing mojoto and stirs unflavored gelatin into the mint-lime rum drink to mold a fun, sophisticated version of the "lowbrow" shot. (their wors - See lady, we are low brow besides being full of it... )

1 cup water
1 cup sugar
2 T. plus 3/4 tsp. powdered unflavored gelatin (from 3 envelopes)
1 cup lime juice
1 cup lightly packed mint leaves
1 cup white rum

In a small pan, cook the water with the sugar over moderate heat, stirring, until the water is simmering and the sugar dissolves, about 4 min. Sprinkle the gelatin over the sugar syrup and whisk constantly over low heat until the gelatin has dissolved, about 1 minute.

Put the lime juice and mint leaves in a medium heatproof bowl and pour in the sugar syrup. Let steep for 15 min. Stir in the rum.
Strain the mojito mixture into a large measuring cup, pressing on the mint leaves with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible.

Arrange 30 small paper cups on a rimmed baking sheet. Carefully pour the mojito Jell-0 mixture into the paper cups and refrigerate the shots until they are chilled, about 3 hours. Serve cold

30 cups?????? Good Grief, that's three apiece. I remember Roy last year on our anniversary....he didn't make it past dinner - the neighbors lasted longer than he did.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Denise, This One's For You!! by cjs (Look what I found in...)
(Chef Michael Symon)

I'm off to post something else about him.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Denise, This One's For You!! by Lorraine ((Chef Michael Symon)...)
YUM! Must make and bring these to work...of course after the big boss leaves
  Re: Re: Denise, This One's For You!! by DFen911 (YUM! Must make and b...)
Holly LOVES Jello Shots...got a bunch of people very drunk at an Iowa State game tailgating before the game. Heck her brother spent the vast majority of the game passed out in the bed of his truck...

I'll email her this one...

Why not share with the big boss?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)