Lump Crab Salsa
  Re: (...)
This is probably my favorite of the new dishes this weekend!! I can hardly wait for a hot summer day and lots of Margaritas!! This is so good!

Lump Crab Salsa
Recipe By: Food & Wine magazine, Feb. '08

3 T. chopped cilantro
2 medium shallots -- very finely chopped
1 red bell pepper -- finely diced
1/2 jalapeno -- seeded & finely diced (1/2 to 1)
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
1 garlic clove -- very finely chopped
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 lbs. lump crabmeat -- picked over
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup salted roasted almond -- coarsely chopped
Thick-cup potato chips -- for serving

In a large bowl, combine the cilantro, shallots, bell pepper, jalapeno, lime zest, lime juice, garlic and olive oil.

Fold in the crab and season with salt & pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Let the salsa come to room temperature, then fold in the almonds.
Serve with potato chips.
Make ahead: The crab salsa can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours. Fold in the almonds just before servings.

Description:
"Made this the first time when Don was here with the Burrs. This is a nice recipe to get away from mayo based dips - the crab shines thru!!!"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Lump Crab Salsa by cjs (This is probably my ...)
Okay Jean, with the cilantro, this one may take a bit to come around to, but I will try it. I'm really getting used to the flavor and getting over my past experience.

To be honest, the idea of a no mayo base sounds really good and the summer flavors are a great combo. When warmer weather comes, this one's a must try. Copied and saved.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Lump Crab Salsa by cjs (This is probably my ...)
Oh my goodness Jean, this sounds simply wonderful!

Do you subscribe to Food & Wine? I think I may have to... I have a few of their cookbooks and love them, their magazine may be worth my time too.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Lump Crab Salsa by luvnit (Oh my goodness Jean,...)
I did, but when I down-sized I stopped the subscription, but I'm finding I'm buying it every month, so will probably go back to it. I do love the magazine.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com