Garlicky Mushroom Crostini (Hiccup!!)
  Re: (...)
This was a Cooking LIght recipe, but we changed it so much, now it's ours!! The original called for "1" clove of garlic....tell me how that could possibly be called "garlicky"????? dumb. But the slow cooking of the mushroom makes the garlic so sweet an wonderful -

Garlicky Mushroom Crostini

1 1/2 tablespoons roasted-garlic oil -- divided
3 cups sliced mushrooms – 8 oz.
1/2 cup minced fresh onion
7 clove garlic -- minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Shake or two of Tabasco
French baguette slices – toasted, diagonally cut, in 1/2" thickness
Gruyere or Parmesan to top the crostini, optional

Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add wine, parsley, salt & pepper, and the tabasco; sauté 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Let cool slightly; finely chop mushroom mixture.

NOTES : To serve, spread 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture over each baguette slice. Yield: 16 appetizer servings (serving size: 2 crostini). After topping the bread rounds, I put under the broiler for just a minute. We also thot gruyere cheese would be good, either mixed into the mushrooms or sprinkled over the top.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini (Hiccup!!) by cjs (This was a Cooking L...)
Is this related to your other thread on Garlicky Mushroom Crostini? Now I have to compare TWO recipes and figure out the differences and which is the better of the two...thanks like can really handle that kind of stress...

Still think Holly would love these!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini by firechef (Is this related to y...)
Oh crap, did I post this already???? I just found it...gotta go look.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini by cjs (Oh crap, did I post ...)
CRS my friend...it gets to everyone now and again if I remember right?!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini by firechef (CRS my friend...it g...)
I did....God, I miss my mind.....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini by cjs (I did....God, I miss...)
It is okay...I understand...psst hey guys, keep an eye on Jean while I'm dealing with the baby. She's been acting "funny" again...hehehe
  Re: Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini by firechef (It is okay...I under...)
ROFLOL!!!! It feels sooo good to have good company when one is loosing his/her mind! Although, I still get to use stress due to kids and the classroom as a reason , but hey...I'm right there with you my friend!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini by Gourmet_Mom (ROFLOL!!!! It feels...)
Thank goodness for your missing mind Jean, I don't think I have this one.