Website ready with search for 1997-2001
  Re: (...)
The website I'm setting up is ready for searches of the recipe index of Cuisine at Home from 1997-2001, and I will be adding in the info for 2002-current over the next couple of days.

Just go to http://www.cookingtheworld.com, and click on "Magazines."

In general, the site is still a work in progress, and I will eventually add a forum and recipe database, as well as (if I can get the necessary information) having OTHER magazines in the database, as well, but this is a good start, and I hope you find it useful.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Website ready with search for 1997-2001 by labradors (The website I'm sett...)
Looks good--I went there--good luck--Bill
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Website ready with search for 1997-2001 by Old Bay (Looks good--I went t...)
should be a great help - thanks Lab.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Website ready with search for 1997-2001 by labradors (The website I'm sett...)
A new user recently asked whether the [Email]C@H[/Email] site contained only the single, "Cooking" forum, or maybe had others that were not being seen for some reason.

Of course, with the exception of the "Members Plus" experiment, there IS only ONE forum here.

As I prepare to add forum software to my own site, I would be interested in knowing what the rest of you feel about having multiple fora. Do you like having everything together within just a single forum and would you feel overwhelmed by having more than one, or do you feel restricted by not having more fora from which to choose? If you would prefer multiple fora, what would be the divisions you would think would be the most helpful?

Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Website ready with search for 1997-2001 by labradors (A new user recently ...)
Looking good, Labs. You sure have been busy. Thanks for all your hard work.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Website ready with search for 1997-2001 by labradors (A new user recently ...)
Good job, Labs, I'm heading over to check it out!

PJ

And, thanks for all the time you've spent on this, it will be much appreciated, I'm sure!
PJ
  Re: Re: Website ready with search for 1997-2001 by pjcooks (Good job, Labs, I'm ...)
This is AMAZING! Never seen anything like it done before...I live a sheltered life however...

Can't wait to explore and play...job well done good sir!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Website ready with search for 1997-2001 by firechef (This is AMAZING! Ne...)
I can't wait for the sight to be fully running! But at least I can now get a better idea of which back issues I want first! Thanks Labs!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Website ready with search for 1997-2001 by firechef (This is AMAZING! Ne...)
That'll be a help in finding recipe ideas.

One suggestion on your programming. When I tested the search I typed the search values in the window and hit enter. Nothing is returned and my search word is gone. I figured out I need to click my mouse on the "submit" button and the results appear, or a null set with the headers. If you can make it work either way that would be best, if you can't do that, people will figure it out.

I would be really grateful if you eventually included the recipes in the special publication books, as well.
  Re: Re: Website ready with search for 1997-2001 by HomeCulinarian (That'll be a help in...)
My goodness, I thought I was doing something wrong. Thanks for the info HC. I got it to work now. I'm like you, I'm used to hitting enter.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.