New user; a couple of questions
  Re: (...)
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this bulletin board but love the magazine and came here to search for some information on a recipe I'm going to try.

Is there only one forum, called "Cooking" or are there others? I can only see "Cooking." Also, how do I read all the responses to a certain thread? When I open up a topic, I see a list underneath that's not always chronological. Is there an easier way to see every response to a post than to click on every line individually? Sorry for posting such dumb questions. Thanks for any help you've got to offer.

Martha
  Re: New user; a couple of questions by martha63 (Hi Everyone,[br][br]...)
Hello, Martha! And welcome! There is only one forum...great group and lots of good discussion about food!

The answer to your question about how the responses are shown can be answered two ways. One, at the top right of the thread screen is a button that will say Flat. Click this and the thread will change so that you see all the responses at once. Two, you can go to your preferences on your home page and change it so that all threads appear this way...every time.

Enjoy! And come back often!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New user; a couple of questions by Gourmet_Mom (Hello, Martha! And ...)
BTW, when you click on the button at the top right of the tread where it says Flat, it will change to Threaded. This allows you to toggle between the tow modes of viewing. I don't know the purpose of the Threaded mode. I always use flat. Anyway, I hope this helps.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Hello Martha!

Welcome to the forum. I prefer to read my in 'flat' also and finally set my default to that just like Gourmet Mom suggested.

Nice to see you stop in. Hope you stop in often! The people here are pretty friendly.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Hi, Martha... and welcome. I view in flat mode, too... there is a link to the first unread post which I use to see what's been added since I last checked.
  Re: Re: New user; a couple of questions by HomeCulinarian (Hi, Martha... and we...)
Welcome!

...and yes: there is only the one forum. The software that is being used here allows multiple fora, and some other sites that use this software do have more than one forum.

If the web developers here had so decided, they could have split things up, for example, as "Appetisers," "Sides, "Entrées," "Desserts," "Sauces," etc., but they stayed with just the one.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: New user; a couple of questions by labradors (Welcome![br][br]...a...)
Thanks for the welcome and the tips. I'm using flat and liking it very much.
  Re: Re: New user; a couple of questions by martha63 (Thanks for the welco...)
Welcome Martha!!

What is the purpose of the threaded mode anyway? anyone know?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New user; a couple of questions by cjs (Welcome Martha!![br]...)
Some people just prefer the nesting provided by the threaded mode so they can see, at a glance, which replies pertain to which messages.

Most of us here, however (myself included), seem to prefer the simpler, top-down approach of the flat mode.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: New user; a couple of questions by labradors (Some people just pre...)
Welcome, Martha! It took me a little bit to figure out that I need to go to flat to save my sanity!