Saturday Dinner?
  Re: (...)
I'm trying a new salad I found on Epicurious and the reviews sound pretty good. Grilled Cajun Chicken Salad w/Spicy Ranch Dressing.

And you?
  Re: Saturday Dinner? by Trixxee (I'm trying a new sal...)
Going with a "classic" of spaghetti and meatballs from a recipe I printed from another forum almost three years ago that was posted by a woman named Jean...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner? by firechef (Going with a "classi...)
Oddly enough, I'd doing a Linguini with Clam Sauce by the same chef, LJ! LOL! I'm also gonna try the Black Dog Inn Quahog Chowder (read chowdah) and a Caesar Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Oddly enough, I'd do...)
Leftov I mean planned overs tonight. We've some of a casserole from Thursday night, red beans & rice from today, and . . . I'm sure there's more, oh yes the African stir fried beef stew and sweet potato & green olive salad. Yup that's dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner? by Harborwitch (Leftov [img]/ubbthre...)
MMMMM, MMMMMM, Good! The chowder was very good! The thing is, I think I've done better. Jean's recipe was good too, but I wound up putting the pasta in the bowl with the chowder....LOL! It just seemed to make sense. There's plenty for tomorrow, and they're calling for rain....perfect meal for a rainy day! Well, maybe with the addition of some corn bread and a cheesecake. Then it'll be perfect!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Saturday Dinner? by Trixxee (I'm trying a new sal...)
Skinny meatloaf, the mushroom sherry gravy, regular mashed potatoes (I forgot to buy caulifower), and roasted asparagus.

This is hubby's second Birthday dinner, last night was Indian Stuffed Chicken Breasts.

Tomorrow (his real B-day) will be pimento cheese hamburgers. I think he living pretty good this weekend!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner? by esgunn (Skinny meatloaf, the...)
Meal was GREAT...rolled out home made ravioli (no pasta maker here but several different weighted rollers)for a sauce of Jean's I came across a couple of years ago and some home made meatballs "on the side" for our enjoyment.

Glad everyone had good meals tonight!

Erin a happy birthday to your husband...really hope everyone feels better for the "big day."
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner? by esgunn (Skinny meatloaf, the...)
Erin - you're so generous to celebrate hubby's bday for days and days!

Saturday we went to visit my FIL. He suffered a major heart attack on Wednesday and had the angioplasty fix that night. Since he was in no danger, we waited until Saturday so the kids could join us for the visit. He lives about 3 hours away near Dixon, IL. We got to his house about the same time he was coming home from the hospital with the BIL who lives with him. We had a soup & sandwich late lunch.

Since we were traveling, we decided to head downtown Chicago and visit our son who lives there. We didn't get to our hotel until about 7:30. We had gotten tickets for the Second City SkyBox stage at 9. Teenage daughter was hoping to get in the act; they picked the girl sitting right in front of us instead. It was silly and a fun time. We wanted to go to Gino's for their butter crust pizza, but it was closed by the time we got there. So we settled for Giordano's stuffed deluxe pizza. We think that our local Papa Del's is better.