Garlicky Mushroom Crostini
  Re: (...)
I wasn't the least bit impressed with this recipe when I read it carefully, to 6 cups of mushrooms, ONE clove of garlic was called for???? So, worked on it and now I'm calling it my own - it's pretty tasty. I just made a smaller amount also.

Garlicky Mushroom Crostini

1 T. vegetable or olive oil
1/2 lb. (about 3 cups) sliced mushrooms
1/2 half medium onion, chopped
7 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. dry white wine
2-3 shakes of Tabasco
1 T. chopped fresh parsley
salt & pepper
toasted baguette rounds
grated Parmesan or Gruyere cheese for topping.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms, onion and garlic - saute slowly for 10-15 minutes.
Add wine, Tabasco, parsley, salt & pepper; saute 5 more minutes or till liquid evaporates. Let cool slightly; finely chop the mushroom mixture.

Spread 1 T. of mixture over each baquette slice. Top with Parmesan or Gruyere cheese and place under the broiler just to melt the cheese.

[Image: garlickyshrooms.jpg]

Tasty little morsels, they were!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini by cjs (I wasn't the least b...)
That looks absolutely delicious Jean. I'll have to bookmark it for when I get back to my own computer.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
I love mushrooms! Anything with tons of mushrooms of any kind, I love them. This looks so great. It reminds me of the "Mushroom Caviar" recipe, but only because of the great amount of mushrooms. This looks great! I would love to serve this for appetizers at a party. Maybe next time I am asked to bring an appetizer, I will bring this!

Someone will have to remind me. I always forget what I said I would bring to the next party. It never fails... I draw a blank.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini by luvnit (I love mushrooms! An...)
YUMMMM!!!!! This is a good lookin' appy, Jean----copied and printed!!!! LOVE 'shrooms!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini by luvnit (I love mushrooms! An...)
Quote:

I love mushrooms! Anything with tons of mushrooms of any kind, I love them.

Likewise! In case anyone has forgotten about it, here is a link to an Australian site with LOTS of great mushroom recipes. One of my favourites, so far, are the Mushroom, Cheese, and Bacon Breakfast Muffins, and I plan on making them again, soon. Since it's not always easy to get fresh mushrooms, here, I had made them when I DID happen to have some, but I'm going to try using canned mushrooms to see how they turn out. If they work out well that way, maybe that will become something else I can sell to my friend's café and bed and breakfast.

Don't forget: the recipes are in PDF files, so you will need the Acrobat or Foxit reader. Also, these are from Australia, so be prepared for some metric conversion and for things such as "tasty cheese" (meaning "sharp cheddar").

For anyone who loves mushrooms, that site is an absolute must for a bookmark.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
My goodness, after last night's success with cheese and mushrooms, I'm really lovin' this! Copied and saved to the short list. Wonder how it would be with gorgonzola....HMMMM?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thanks, Jean, copied and printed! You know me and mushrooms...

Labs, I have that site bookmarked, I made the recipe you mentioned and it was great!!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini by pjcooks (Thanks, Jean, copied...)
Quote:

Labs, I have that site bookmarked, I made the recipe you mentioned and it was great!!

One of the things I like best about that site is that, instead of being just more variations of the same old ideas, so many of the recipes are unexpected, unusual, and innovative, while still being absolutely delicious.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Jean I just got my screen repair from the last time I licked it and now you go and post that picture!?!

Looks awesome and your recipe is copied...Holly would love these!

OT but I was going through my binders today and found recipes of yours that I printed out from almost three years ago...what a trip down memory lane that was!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Garlicky Mushroom Crostini by firechef (Jean I just got my s...)
Oh, how funny, LJ - I have folders from years ago (from C2C) for about 6-8 folks - I love to go thru them every so often. Friends I really miss.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com