Bookclub?
  Re: (...)
I don't think I'm giving anything away here...at least I hope not. I just need to vent here! I just want to know who came up with the idea for this bookclub, and who picked the book Tenth Muse?

Let me at 'em!

I took off today because I was sick and went to the doctor. As usual, I took reading material for the long waits...The Tenth Muse, which I had just started reading. Thanks to you, dinner was very late because I was reading. It is now 12 midnight and I had to make myself put the book down, the urge to finish it tonight was so strong!

Now step up you! Not to mention the LONG list of books I must now purchase, mentioned in the book! Step up! I know you're out there!

All kidding (well not completely) aside, I can't wait for the review!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Bookclub? by Gourmet_Mom (I don't think I'm gi...)
HA! I think I'm single-handedly supporting Amazon looking for the books I marked in the 10th Muse. Just rec'd their joint effort, The L.L.. Bean Book of New New England Cookery. by Judith and Evan Jones

Of course, I'm buying them used, so I'm not supporting Amazon in the manner they have become accustomed...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bookclub? by cjs (HA! I think I'm sing...)
AH HAH!!!!! I know what you mean, Daphne.....even though I have several of the ones mentioned, I have a few that are on my next Amazon order-----Peter is gonna freak!!!

The book is one of those that once you get started you can't put down----I know I read the whole thang in one sitting----the day and all else was lost!!! (Except for dinner----Peter MUST have dinner!!!!)

Can't wait for these reviews!!!! What a fun and entertaining read!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Bookclub? by cjs (HA! I think I'm sing...)
Quote:

Of course, I'm buying them used, so I'm not supporting Amazon in the manner they have become accustomed...

I love Amazon's new and used prices! My kids had such a huge list of books they wanted this past Christmas, that's where I went to get them. Every one of them has been in almost new condition, a small smudge on the cover doesn't matter to us, within minutes, it will have a coffee or soda splash on it anyways (or wine, who would that be)

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Bookclub? by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
"or wine," NOPE - I haven't sent any of mine in!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bookclub? by cjs ("or wine," NOPE - I ...)
Quote:

"or wine," NOPE - I haven't sent any of mine in!!

You know Roxanne, you mention reading it in one sitting. I plan to finish mine tonight. The bad part about consuming a book so fast for me is, I read, read, read...anxious to get to the end, then I'm disappointed when it's over. Wierd, Huh?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Bookclub? by Gourmet_Mom ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
OK, finished! Busting at the seams....LOL! I promise to work it down to a "readable" form. I have so much to say.......It's just the 14th? A whole 2 weeks to wait...ARRRG!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Bookclub? by Gourmet_Mom (OK, finished! Busti...)
Keep your patience, Daphne---those of us that have read this will relate to your "busting at the seams"====I also enjoyed this adventure-----TWO WEEKS!!!!!! Unfortunately, it goes by so quickly!!!!! See ya then!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy