From LCBO again - a real keeper!!!
  Re: (...)
We made this for dinner last night - soooooo good! The nice thing is that it would be perfect with almost any protein - grilled shrimp, chicken, beef, whatever. It is fantastic. Thank you again Lorraine - we love the magazine!!!

THAI BEEF AND MANGO SALAD ON RICE NOODLES

This salad bursts with flavor and is a satisfying yet light dish. The sweet chili paste is easy to find at your local grocery store, usually right next to the soy sauce.

1 tbsp vegetable oil for searing
¾ lb (375 g) beef tenderloin
Salt and pepper to taste

DRESSING
½ cup (125 ml) sweet chili paste
1 tsp (5 ml) fish sauce
2 tbsp (25 ml) fresh lime juice
2 tbsp (25 ml) vegetable oil – we used light peanut oil

8 oz (250 g) vermicelli rice noodles, cooked, drained and cooled
2 green onions, sliced into 1/2﷓inch (1﷓cm) pieces
1 cup (250 ml) red onion, finely slivered
1 large mango, cut into slivers
I red pepper, finely diced
½ cup (125 ml) loosely packed fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup ( 50 ml) loosely packed fresh mint, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup (150 ml) salted cashews, coarsely chopped

Lime wedges, coriander sprigs (optional)

Preheat oven to 400'F (200'C).

Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet on medium﷓high heat. Generously season tenderloin with salt and pepper. Sear in oil until well﷓browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Place in oven and cook to medium﷓rare, about 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads an
internal temperature of 140 F (60'C). Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature, slice thinly and set aside.

To make dressing, whisk together sweet chili paste, fish sauce, lime juice and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Stir in noodles, green onions, red onion, mango, red pepper, coriander and mint. Toss to combine. Let sit for 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.

Divide salad amongst plates, top with sliced tenderloin and sprinkle with cashews. If desired, garnish with lime wedges and sprigs of coriander.

Serves 6
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: From LCBO again - a real keeper!!! by Harborwitch (We made this for din...)
I do have that one dog-eared - did you have a Sauvignon Blanc with it?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: From LCBO again - a real keeper!!! by cjs (I do have that one d...)
I had a Pinot Grigio and Bob had a Zin. I think if I had used shrimp or even crab meat (or both) I'd have pulled out the Viognier or even a Riesling. I'm having leftover salad for lunch.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!