Need a huge favor for valentines day - HELP!
  Re: (...)
Hello - This is my first post but hoping someone can help. I'm going to be out of town on business for Valentine's Day and was planning to make my wife's favorite meal (Stuffed Lobster from Issue 66). I was heading to the grocery store this morning and can't find that issue anywhere. I has literally torn the house apart. Would anyone post the recipe on the forum and help me stay out of the doghouse for the holiday. Thank you so much in advance for any help you can offer!
  Re: Need a huge favor for valentines day - HELP! by sbarnett20 (Hello - This is my f...)
Welcome to the forum, sbarnett20!

Although I don't have that issue, I'm sure someone here does.

Still wanted to welcome you, anyway. Please come back more often. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Need a huge favor for valentines day - HELP! by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
I think Billy has access to the archives, and I know Jean does. Both should be on here sometime this evening. There are others who have access, maybe they'll be on here sooner. It sounds like you need it now rather than on Valentine's day? YIKES!

Like Labs, I wanted to welcome you and wish you luck. What a sweet hubby you are!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Need a huge favor for valentines day - HELP! by sbarnett20 (Hello - This is my f...)
Hello and welcome! The only Stuffed Lobster I could find was from Issue 42. If this is not the one, let me know and I will search further.

Stuffed Lobster Tails
(Cuisine at home, December 2003, Issue 42, p. 11)

Makes: 4 Tails Total Time: 30 Minutes Rating: Intermediate

Prepare:
2 steamed lobster tails (8 oz. each), split, meat removed

For the Spice Paste, Combine:
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1 t. dry mustard
1/2 t. cayenne
1/2 t. kosher salt

For the Topping, Mix:
1/2 cup panko crumbs
2 T. unsalted butter, melted
2 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 t. paprika

Reduce:
2 T. dry sherry

Add:
Spice paste
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 T. unsalted butter, cubed

Temper and Add:
2 egg yolks
Cooked lobster meat
6 oz. pasteurized crabmeat
3 T. fresh tomato, diced
2 T. chopped fresh chives

Preheat oven to 450° with rack in the top half.

Prepare lobster tails, steaming as on bottom left picture; remove meat and chop.

Combine the lemon juice, spices, and salt for the spice paste.

Mix panko, butter, Parmesan, and paprika for the topping.

Reduce sherry by half in a saucepan over medium-high heat.

Add spice paste, cream, and butter; stir until butter is melted. Turn off the burner.

Temper egg yolks with cream mixture. Return to sauce; cook over low heat for1 minute. Add lobster, crab, tomato, and chives. Stuff shells with filling, sprinkle with crumbs, and bake 8–10 minutes.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Need a huge favor for valentines day - HELP! by bjcotton (Hello and welcome! ...)
I really appreciate the replay but the one I'm looking for was different. The one from Issue 66 was a little more basic (included crab meat in addition to shrimp). No sauce or anything. I believe the cover of the edition have a great looking filet on it.
  Re: Re: Need a huge favor for valentines day - HELP! by sbarnett20 (I really appreciate ...)
If you have the "exact name" I can probably find it. In the mean time, I'll look for my Issue 66.

Found it, don't go away, I'll post it in a few minutes.

Billy
  Re: Re: Need a huge favor for valentines day - HELP! by bjcotton (If you have the "exa...)
Thank you so much for the help! And everyone for this replies. You all really saved the day for me.
  Re: Re: Need a huge favor for valentines day - HELP! by sbarnett20 (Thank you so much fo...)
Here's your recipe. If you need the recipe for Champagne Sauce and/or Duchess Potatoes, let me know.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Stuffed Lobster Tails w/shrimp and crab

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Fish-Shellfish-Seafood

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Melt; Stir in and Simmer
1/2 stick unsalted butter
4 4-5 ounce lobster tails
3 ounces shrimp, peeled, deveined -- cut into chunks
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon lemon zest -- minced
1 pinch cayenne
Off Heat, Stir in:
1 6 1/2 oz can lump crabmeat -- drained
1 3/4 cups butter cracker crumbs [such as Ritz] -- divided
Combine
remaining cracker crumbs
1/2 stick unsalted butter -- melted
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Serve with:
Champagne Butter Sauce
Duchess Potatoes

NOTE: Prepare the lobster tails by cutting down both sides of the belly (not the meat) to the fan. Remove meat, devein, cut into 1" chunks; reserve the shells.

Preheat oven to 400°; place a rack on a foil-lined baking sheet.

Melt 1/2 stick butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Stir in lobster, shrimp, and lemon juice; cook just until seafood starts to turn pink. Add chives, zest, and cayenne.

Off heat, stir in crab and 1 cup cracker crumbs just until combined. Divide stuffing among the 4 reserved lobster shells. (Stuffed tails may be covered and chilled for up to 1 day). Arrange tails on prepared rack.

Combine remaining crumbs with melted butter and parsley, then sprinkle generously over each prepared tail. Roast until topping is crisp and stuffing is hot, about 15 minutes.

Source:
"CuisineAtHome, Issue 66, page 21"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Billy
  Re: Re: Need a huge favor for valentines day - HELP! by sbarnett20 (Thank you so much fo...)
And once again Billy rides in on his white steed and saves the day. He's so neat like that It's one the reason why we love him so

**cheers Billy**
  Re: Re: Need a huge favor for valentines day - HELP! by DFen911 (And once again Billy...)
Billy - Thanks so much again! I really appreciate it.