At first it was 6 now it's 13..
  Re: (...)
Well each month my husband has what is called a staff meeting. This includes 6 sgts and sometimes the office manager. They usually meet at ihop or denny's etc. Well he thought, hey why not have it at the house? So he asked if everyone was amicable and they all were. Usually after then meet the 2 Lt. show up along with the captain and possibly a chief. They just come for the meeting portion not the breakfast. This has been going on in this matter for years.

I planned the breakfast and all was good.

Derek gets a phone call about a week later. It's the lieutenant...hinting he'd like to attend...and he believes so does the other lieutenant.

Ok...fine so that's just a couple more. Oh no..now the captain is coming, 2 office managers and the chief.

No pressure now...lol before it was just the guys he works with. I know all of them and their wives..but now his boss, and his bosses boss and his bosses boss boss (lol boss is funny to type now).

So what do you think -

Juice - apple, tomato and oj
Milk
Coffee and Tea

Scrambled Eggs
Bacon and Sausage
Sausage Gravy
Biscuits
Hashbrowns
Buttermilk Pancakes
Toast
Fresh Fruit - grapes, melons (et al)

When it was just the 6 I was going to do omlets to order or crepes. Now I have to simply it, but still want to impress his superiors. Seems they all that Derek's wife is the 'chef'.

Of course this breakfast event comes 2 days before my folks 50th anniversary party that I'm doing all the food for.

Let the whirlwind commence
  Re: At first it was 6 now it's 13.. by DFen911 (Well each month my h...)
Looks good to me...I wouldn't do like IHOP and have all you can eat pancakes with this crowd. Are we talking law enforcement or military service here? Either way you know they are going to eat real good but act like they don't really want seconds and thirds of this reaaaally good food, but you know "I don't get food like this everyday sooo I guess a little more wouldn't hurt any."

All those people and that much coffee...hope your bathroom can handle the flushing before they leave...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: At first it was 6 now it's 13.. by firechef (Looks good to me...I...)
Oh heck, what's one more...when did you say breakfast starts?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: At first it was 6 now it's 13.. by DFen911 (Well each month my h...)
The menu looks really good - JMHO; I'd dump the pancakes and go with Jeans Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding. That was so good, and perhaps kick it a bit with some diced ham??? Making pancakes for that many guys will make you crazy. Just my random thoughts before coffee.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: At first it was 6 now it's 13.. by Harborwitch (The menu looks reall...)
Good point on the pancakes. I was thinking in 72" flattop mindset and didn't think home cooking...yes on the Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding. Maybe a mild sausage crumble in place of the ham? Just my added random thoughts before coffee AND before a shower...need coffee first so I don't drown in the shower!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: At first it was 6 now it's 13.. by firechef (Good point on the pa...)
Sausage would be good too - ooooh thinking chicken/apple/smoked gouda sausage. Bob just brought me the first cup of coffee. He had to go to the store to buy beans - we were out of green beans to roast!!!

Yup - after coffee comes the shower. Need to be awake first!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: At first it was 6 now it's 13.. by Harborwitch (The menu looks reall...)
Good idea, Sharon! I made this over the holidays, for my Mom, and it was very good. (Didn't I mention that somewhere along the line?) If I haven't already, thank you, Jean

Let's see, 13 pp x 2-3 per, it's hard to get that amount out on a home stove. I agree, no pancakes. The bread pudding, especially with the addition of some meat, will wow them. Or a strata, with meat, that's easy, too.

Good luck Denise, I can feel the pressure!!

PJ
PJ
I need that recipe for the bread pudding! That is a wonderful idea! Thank you

I had planned on cooking the pancakes on my stove top and I have an electric griddle. My stove also has a built in griddle and quite frankly wassn't lookting forward to cooking them off and keeping them warm to retain that fresh cook flavor. Bah..forget em..i want the bread pudding
  Re: Re: At first it was 6 now it's 13.. by pjcooks (Good idea, Sharon! ...)
Have you ever tried an overnight egg cassarole? They are common in the Midwest...

Eggs Tomorrow
4 slices bread, torn into pieces
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 c grated cheddar
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
2 c milk

Spray 9 x 13 pan with PAM. Evenly distribute the torn bread in the pan; sprinkle crumbled bacon over bread. Top with cheese. Mix eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Pour over all. Refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

I like the idea of the bread pudding... How about a coffee cake instead of toast. Just trying to think of things you can make ahead so you can smooze with the boss and the boss' boss and the boss' boss' boss.
  Re: Re: At first it was 6 now it's 13.. by HomeCulinarian (Have you ever tried ...)
Denise, here's the bread pudding recipe thread. I haven't tried it yet, but everyone who has just loves it! Good Luck!
Jean's Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding thread
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.