My keyboard-- OT
  Re: (...)
I spilled a cup of coffee (med. latte) on my keyboard today. It's not working very well these days. Keys are sticking, forgive me.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: My keyboard-- OT by luvnit (I spilled a cup of c...)
Ouch! That stinks Laura. I've had problems with mine for a year. I'm missing a few keys and my space bar has episodes where it will start sticking...leaving large spaces in my typing. My left shift is now goofing up, as in not working at all with certain other keys. I have got to get a new keyboard! I should have gotten a new one last year. I think I may replace it with a wireless. Anybody got one...advise? What's a good brand? I'd love to hear about brands both wireless and regular. I'm working on a Dell with xP. (see, no capital x or s....random...huh?)

While we're off topic on technology, what kind of digital camera does everyone have. If DH's new deal goes through, I'm looking into getting a new one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My keyboard-- OT by Gourmet_Mom (Ouch! That stinks L...)
I am using a used Compaq Evo N600c with Windows XP on it. It is nice and does the trick. We have a Linksys system with built in firewall and a good anti-virus set up. This is our second Compaq N600 but the first Evo and c model. We bought it through the brother-in-law and his work when they updated their computers. It is better than our old desktop which started acting funny and such after we were hacked a couple of years back. The first Compaq was EATEN by a puppy we had. Daphne, Jean, Sharon and Lorraine might remember that episode! Almost sent the dog to Nova Scotia to live before she was put down due to a rare blood borne cancer.

Laura...I hope the keyboard was drinking decaf? I am sorry to hear about your loss. Hey Daphne...can't you pick up anything used through the school???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
You mean it's not making you type more quickly?

I DID have a special wireless keyboard and wireless, optical mouse combination from Gyration, and I loved it, but it doesn't work any more.

What made it so special was the design of the mouse: not only did not not need a mousepad, but it didn't need a surface, either (although it COULD work as a regular mouse). It worked gyroscopically, and could be operated in mid air. When it did work, it was beautiful: I could relax a lot more while using my computer, and not be "chained to my desk."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: My keyboard-- OT by labradors (You mean it's not ma...)
Labs....are you recommending or condemning? It sounds like a great system, but it no longer works? Doesn't sound like a recommendation. I would love something like that. I have a desktop...CPU is behind the night stand and a flat screen on the night stand. I know, doesn't work well for a good night's sleep! I can work/play right up to when I fall off to sleep...LOL! This would explain me being logged on at ridiculous hours BTW! That system would work great with this set up!

LJ...I DO remember the puppy! I can remember you posting how the rascal "ATE" your computer...LOL! Then the bad news. You felt so guilty! As buying from school...they canibalize (sp?) and stockpile everything now. You rarely see "school sales" anymore around here. At least as far as I have seen. And to think of the number of monitors/keyboards/CPUs I've donated! Oh well!
Daphne
  Re: Re: My keyboard-- OT by Gourmet_Mom (Labs....are you reco...)
Quote:

Labs....are you recommending or condemning?

A little bit of each. It was wonderful when it worked, and DID stop working, but this was originally four years ago, and the problem I had shouldn't be present in the current models.

The Circuit City website has a number of customer reviews of the more recent model. The one they carry is the compact keyboard, but there is also a model with a full-sized keyboard.

I had gotten it because of the gyroscopic mouse which, along with the keyboard, could be used up to thirty feet away. If that aspect of the mouse is not important to you, then you should probably go with one of the Logitech wireless keyboards.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: My keyboard-- OT by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I have a wireless keyboard and mouse that I use with my laptop. I've had it for several years and it still works well. I have forbidden my BIL to use it or the new computer I bought. He doesn't type, but stabs with one finger and ruined two keyboards since he hits the keys so hard. He has my old desktop which works well. The Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse generally runs about $60 at Staples.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
On Sunday, Feb 17th Staples will have the Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 4000 for $15.00. It normally goes for over $70. This is for their Presidents' Day Sale. It will probably sell out very fast.
microsoft wireless laser desktop 4000
  Re: Re: My keyboard-- OT by jend (On Sunday, Feb 17th ...)
Hey, thanks for the tip! And if I've not welcomed you to the forum, Welcome! I'm going to check that out for sure! I've got the day before off and can go check it out and have DD or DS pick it up for me on the sale date.
Daphne