C@H appetizers
  Re: (...)
Ok, just to muddy the waters and torment myself and others, a few weeks ago I went through some back issues and made a list of appetizers I wanted to try that had been in some winter/holiday issues of C@H. So, here is my list - anyone try any of them?

Oct '02 - Honey Lime Chicken wings

Dec '02 - Blue Cheese Dip with Carmalized onions
Dec '02 - Blue cheese Bacon puffs
Dec '02 - Sausage Stuffed mushroom purses

Dec '03 - Chimichurri meatballs
Dec '03 - Chinese Chicken Lolliops

Dec '05 - Fajita Nachos

Dec '06 - Steak House Bruschetta
Dec '06 - Mushiu Wanton cups
Dec '06 - Chipotle Chicken Tostadas

Dec '07 - Cheddar & Chive Bisquit with Ham andpple salsa
Dec '07 - Fondu cheesecake bites with Red Grape Relish
Dec '07 - Thai Curry Chicken Salad in Phylo Cups

Holiday Menu - Coconut Chicken Bites
Holiday Menu - Sun Dried Tomato Dip
Holiday Menu - Red Pepper Cheddar Dip
Holiday Menu - Cheddar and Chive Bisquit with Gingerd Ketchup or Pinapple mustard - Roast beef (I think) and ham

Drinks
Holiday - Cosomopolitan Punch
Holiday - Pomegranite Mojito Martini
?? - Ruby Sippers
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: C@H appetizers by esgunn (Ok, just to muddy th...)
They all sound good! I'd be interested in any of them, but have a question about the Chimichurri Meatballs. Does that recipe have you make meatballs and dip them into chimichurri, or are they sort of "chimicurri-flavoured" meatballs with the chimicurri added to the meat before cooking? Chimichurri is supposed to be a condiment added at the table, and it loses its distinctiveness when mixed into something that gets cooked. Thus, if the recipe DOESN'T use it as a dip/condiment, I would skip that one (although it may still be okay in its own right).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: C@H appetizers by labradors (They all sound good!...)
They all sound good, but top on my list would be the Dec '02 appies and the lollipops...What a list!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: C@H appetizers by Gourmet_Mom (They all sound good,...)
hmmm, I'll have to grab a cup of coffee later and go thru and see which ones I've tried - good sounding bunch of goodies there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H appetizers by cjs (hmmm, I'll have to g...)
Just one question, Erin - did you EVER make them all??????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H appetizers by cjs (Just one question, E...)
that blue cheese dip with caramalized onions sounds like the tastiest to me with the chimichurri meatballs coming in second. I have not made any of these, but would be happy to be a tasting judge for you when you do make them
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: C@H appetizers by chef_Tab (that blue cheese dip...)
Not me, Erin!! I'll see you at her house for tasting...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H appetizers by cjs (Not me, Erin!! [img]...)
Hi Erin

nice list of appys. - I have made the SunDried Tomato Dip and we just love it.
In fact I am making it again for a bunco party tomarrow night.

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: C@H appetizers by mjkcooking (Hi Erin [br][br]nice...)
I don't even know if Erin will come back and look at this thread - you all did notice the date she posted, didn't you?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H appetizers by cjs (I don't even know if...)
I did notice it! Wasn't going to admit to it - I haven't made a single one!

I have this part of me that dreams of having fancy parties or even just fun appy parties with drinks and friends. But that doesn't seem to fit into my real life! Life of three kids, homeschooling, husband that is out of town more than he is in town, gymnastics.... Someday.

I did get together with a friend and we made a few appy's but they were all new ones - those tomato tartlets, the curry chicken salad on endive, I think there were one or two others but can't remember them right now. So I am not a complete failure.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.