Gaida's Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes
  Re: (...)
Okay - this is it! Last one! Just for you Daphne. (I do have to add that this has replaced the Savory French Toast Bites for the wedding - they just weren't worth the work - make the Brioche, make the French toast, and then cut the little pieces. Not going there again!)

1 pound pizza dough
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
1 garlic clove minced
1 shallot, cut into thinly sliced rounds
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
1/2 cup green grapes 1/2 cup red grapes (we used green & black seedless)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Roll the pizza dough into a rectangle on a sheet of parchment paper. Place the dough and the parchment on a baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, cover the top of the dough with olive oil. Sprinkle the dough with coarse sea salt. Sprinkle the dough with the garlic, shallot, and rosemary. Spread the grapes over the top of the dough and push down into the dough. Bake the focaccia until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Gaida's Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes by Harborwitch (Okay - this is it! ...)
Oh Sharon...blast you!!!!!!

The grapes just adds something that makes me want to try it just to see how it works. I can't picture it....but I'm wantin' to find out. This is a weekend experiment for sure. HMMMM? MY DH is going to learn to hate the mention of your name...LOL!

OK, now that it's copied and pasted AND added to grocery list...I think I only need the grapes. But I have a question. I assume I can use my regular focaccia bread recipe instead of the dough mentioned in the recipe? I should just weigh it out to be sure it's close to a pound. Right?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Gaida's Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes by Gourmet_Mom (Oh Sharon...blast yo...)
I used a focaccia recipe that I had rather than pizza dough. I'll post pictures in the morning - that'll drive everyone nuts.
  Re: Re: Gaida's Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes by Harborwitch (I used a focaccia re...)
don't know that it was her recipe, but I've made this before and we liked it as much as you and Bob did. Wonderful flavors - and especially good still warm.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Gaida's Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes by cjs (don't know that it w...)
I saw one very similar in a cookbook - not hers, but it is fantastic.
  Re: Re: Gaida's Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes by Harborwitch (I saw one very simil...)
Sharon, Jean....Hello???

C&H did a red grape focaccia. October 2006 Issue 59.

They had a Focaccia with Rosemary and sea salt
Red Grape Focaccia with three cheese fondue
And Focaccia Muffuletta
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Gaida's Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes by esgunn (Sharon, Jean....Hell...)
don't think it was a C@h recipe, but I'll go look at that one also. Have you made this one, Erin?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Gaida's Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes by esgunn (Sharon, Jean....Hell...)
I'll have to dig in the garage for my magazines - Focaccia Muffuletta sounds to die for, all my favorite things.
  Re: Re: Gaida's Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes by cjs (don't think it was a...)
No, I have not tried it. I have made focaccia once - and it did turn out really well. Guess I should make it again...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Gaida's Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes by esgunn (No, I have not tried...)
Now that you're also making pizza, Erin, you can do up a big batch, freeze it and use it for rolls, pizza, focaccia, whatever!! It's nice having those little balls of dough waiting to be used.
www.achefsjourney.com