Leftover Bechamel Sauce
  Re: (...)
I have a little bit (maybe a cup) of leftover bechamel sauce that came with some stuffed mushrooms my husband bought yesterday from an Italian restaurant. Love the sauce.

Any ideas of what I could do with the leftover, either for a main dish or a side dish? It would just be the two of us eating so I don't have to make a lot of whatever it is.

Thanks for any ideas. You guys are so helpful!
  Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce by Trixxee (I have a little bit ...)
I would scramble fry some bulk sausage and add it to the bechamel. Then I'd serve it over waffles or biscuits. It's great with breakfast.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce by Corinne (I would scramble fry...)
or...toast up some English muffins, sprinkle with crab, top with the warm bechamel, top with shredded Cheddar cheese and stick under the broiler.

or, add a little cheese - preferably swiss or Parmesan to the bechamel and have a mornay sauce and just take a spoon and start in on it!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce by cjs (or...toast up some E...)
I've got crab on the brain, cjs. Your ideas sound great!

Oh, I know what it is. So many people are thinking Valentines Day and I bet I've read 50 crab cake recipes.

Quote:

toast up some English muffins, sprinkle with crab, top with the warm bechamel, top with shredded Cheddar cheese and stick under the broiler

This sounds really good.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce by cjs (or...toast up some E...)
Or, if you're in need of comfort food at the moment (I have a sick house) take your Mornay, add some cayenne or tabasco and cracked pepper, pour over cooked elbows and top with toasted-in-butter ritz cracker crumbs

It's what my kiddos want when they're under the weather.

Tho that crab thing sounds good

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce by pjcooks (Or, if you're in nee...)
We like to add a little cayenne, clam or shrimp broth, crab, and cooked shrimp and serve over some fish or steak....MMMM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce by Gourmet_Mom (We like to add a lit...)
After you've added the Parmesan, grab a spoon and then lick the bowl! Over elbow macaroni sounds wonderful.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce by Gourmet_Mom (We like to add a lit...)
Pity, but one cup would not be enough to make pastitsio.

Maybe you could improvise, and make mini, muffin-pan pastitsio.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce by labradors (Pity, but one cup wo...)
Shoot, now I have to make up some bechamel...thanks a lot, Trixxee!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce by bjcotton (After you've added t...)
Maybe a bit of Rigatoni and Prosciutto...add the parmesan like has been suggested and sprinkle with some fresh mozzarella and bake until all is melted and bubbly...yummy indeed. A cup would be enough for two I would think...some garlic toast or bread sticks...next time save more sauce and I'll come for dinner too!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)