Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!)
  Re: (...)
Well everyone, if I am in trouble (like the 5th cookbook in 3 weeks!) you are all going to be in the same boat.

Someone on here suggested getting a library card and looking at cookbooks to see if you like them before buying. Well last time I checked out "The Arab Table" - oh man, talk about an incredible cookbook. But it went back today and someday a copy will reside on my groaning bookshelf. But another book came home with me - Marcus Samuelsson's "The Soul of a New Cuisine".

I just finished buying it on Amazon. This is the most amazing cookbook. I don't there are more than 2 or 3 recipes that didn't have Bob and I drooling as I read to him as we drove to the grocery store!!! Jean - you must buy this book! Everyone should buy this book!!! I'll report soon on my first experience! Yum yum yum yum yum!!! Hee hee!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) by Harborwitch (Well everyone, if I ...)
I've had only one similar experience--someone left "Land O Lakes Treasury of Country Recipes"--I expected little--turns out we bought it. Someone left it at my office for review several years ago--we have cooked several things from it. Should have known, anything promoting butter was probably politcally incorrect and GOOD.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) by Old Bay (I've had only one si...)
I saw one of those on EBay!! Almost - but not quite!
  Re: Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) by Old Bay (I've had only one si...)
Geez, Sharon, somebody needs to take away your library card! (Another book on the list.)

Bill, BUTTER!!!! OMG! Of course it's gonna be good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) by Gourmet_Mom (Geez, Sharon, somebo...)
oh crap, I'm on my way to Amazon to check it out - Amazon already loves me because of past years, but now because of the 10th Muse, they're really loving me....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) by cjs (oh crap, I'm on my w...)
Jean, not only are the recipes incredible - the photography is awesome, and the narrative surrounding the recipes is wonderful. I cannot wait to get playing with this one. I'm going to start today!!!
  Re: Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) by Harborwitch (Jean, not only are t...)
Oh no, another cookbook! I'm going to check it out right now...........

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) by Mare749 (Oh no, another cookb...)
Quote:

Oh no, another cookbook! I'm going to check it out right now...........

Maryann

rofl, I understand completely.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) by Corinne ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
And I just reserved it online at my library. Should be there in a day or two! Thanks Sharon, this sounds like fun. Now, I'm wondering if I should go get that tagine that is on my wish list?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) by Mare749 (And I just reserved ...)
I'll just wait until I visit Sharon or Jean
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy