Chicken broth problem
  Re: (...)
I don't know what happened today. I make plain chicken broth a whole lot because I love soups and I put it in my dog's food.

This morning I must have started way too early since I doubled the amount of water I put in with the bones and vegetables. It is so watery. I don't want to add anything like boullion because that defeats the purpose of not wanting additives. My dog is allergic to so many things.

Can I just keep boiling it until 1/2 of the watery broth evaporates? Would that be enough to condense it so it is tasty for a human? I'm not that worried about it being 'tasty' for the dog but I'd like some new broth to freeze. I don't want to add more chicken. It's just not that imp to me. The pup can have the whole batch if it can't be made up to par, as is.

I have to go run some errands so I'll see you later. I hope everyone is having a relaxing Saturday afternoon.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Chicken broth problem by Corinne (I don't know what ha...)
If I were you and it's predominately for the beloved puppy, I'd just reduce it by about 2/3 - then taste and if you want more flavor, you could just add some more veggies with their skins (or if you haven't thrown the chix bones away, them also) and it should flavor up for you pretty quickly. Maybe add some dried herbs for quick flavor.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Chicken broth problem by Corinne (I don't know what ha...)
This is probably the dumbest question ever. I'm sure it will be fine after it's condensed.

I need a nap after a little too much party last night.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Chicken broth problem by Corinne (This is probably the...)
Lol, thanks CJS!
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Chicken broth problem by Corinne (This is probably the...)
Not the least dumb, Cory!! Never think that! But, take a nap anyway, if you need to. we were posting at the same time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken broth problem by cjs (Not the least dumb, ...)
YUP!!!! Reduction with extra veggies always works well---IMHO!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Chicken broth problem by Roxanne 21 (YUP!!!! Reduction ...)
How long did you let it cook for? When I make stock I put the bones and veggies and cover with cold water (btw this is done in a big stock pot) and let it simmer for about 18-20 hours.
  Re: Re: Chicken broth problem by DFen911 (How long did you let...)
I only cooked it from 7am-1pm.

This is not my best broth but I can doctor it up as I use it, for people. It's not as hearty as usual but since it reduced and I squeezed all the juice out of the vegetables, it'll be fine.

My pup is not picky.

Thanks all.
Cory

I am not the model.