Jennifer needs your prayers for her Dad
  Re: (...)
As her mother my heart is breaking for her. She got the news this week that the cancer in her Dad's lung is spreading and combined with his pneumonia he's not doing well at all. He's signed his advanced directive and asked Jennifer to come stay with him for a while. Floyd has always thought himself indestructible - at 78 he was still riding his bike 15 miles a day, and chasing the young women! I don't think it ever crossed our minds that there would be a day he wouldn't be here.

I told her last night that I would ask for prayers for Floyd, and for her - she still has not really grieved for her fiance who was killed in a auto race almost 13 years ago. Now, facing this she's "junk parts" (as a friend would say). She doesn't understand the power of having dear friends saying a prayer.

They just started a new round of chemo yesterday, and I think he still has few radiation treatments left. Please say a prayer for him - and for her.

Thank you all - you are all tremendous friends, no - family!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Jennifer needs your prayers for her Dad by Harborwitch (As her mother my hea...)
prayers and meditations from Ohio.

Sally
  Re: Jennifer needs your prayers for her Dad by Harborwitch (As her mother my hea...)
No problem, Sharon. I'll add Jennifer and Floyd to my cyberfriends prayer list. Poor Jennifer may just "shatter"...she needs all the help she can get to face this.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Jennifer needs your prayers for her Dad by Gourmet_Mom (No problem, Sharon. ...)
Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear this. May I just add one more to the prayers offered up here in the next few days? My kids Dad just came through another operaton to remove more malignancy (sp?) - it's getting to be an every 2-3 month thing now...believe me, that stinker needs all the help he can get right now. I hate this for all of them!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jennifer needs your prayers for her Dad by cjs (Oh my, I'm so sorry ...)
I'm sorry to hear that Jean. My list is getting long, but I'll gladly add him and the children to the list.

While we're talking prayer lists, don't forget LJ's baby, Kambree. She's going in for procedures a week from Tuesday.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Jennifer needs your prayers for her Dad by Gourmet_Mom (I'm sorry to hear th...)
that's right!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jennifer needs your prayers for her Dad by cjs (that's right!...)
Thank you all, oh Jean I'm so sorry. Prayers are making big circles here.

Jennifer just called, she's picked her Dad up from her 1/2 brother's house and is taking him home. They've discontinued the radiation - not doing any good. His cancer is non-small cell carcinoma, inoperable and usually terminal.

I hate this freaking disease!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Jennifer needs your prayers for her Dad by Harborwitch (Thank you all, oh Je...)
This is very sad all around. I will send prayers for everyone.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Jennifer needs your prayers for her Dad by Corinne (This is very sad all...)

Am praying for all concerned.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
I will activate Jane's giant prayer grid--they seem to really be effective--and ours will come along too.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".