Gnocchi
  Re: (...)
Well my most wonderful friend Tammy (Twighlight Kitten) sent me a gnocchi board from Amazon! So I made a batch of ricotta ones right off. It worked great, really made the job go quicker. The new stone counter was a big help too, didn't use too much flour cuz the stone alleviates the sticking problem all together.
I made an interesting topping for the gnocchi, see what you think: Brown onion, garlic (lots) and artichoke hearts in olive oil and a bit of chicken broth to deglaze, with LobsterMate or canned crab. Add 2T lemon zest, 2T lemon juice, 2or more T white wine vinegear, salt pepper etc. Finish with EVO. Top cooked gnocchi, it was good with Zinfandel
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Gnocchi by farnfam (Well my most wonderf...)
That does sound very tasty, Cis. The gnocchi board, is that the ridged, rather small board? I've seen but have not used.
works well, eh? hmmm.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Gnocchi by cjs (That does sound very...)
yes, Jean, it's just a little ridged block with a nice handle. You can hold it over the cookie sheet (whatever you use to collect them) and roll the gnocchi down the board and into it's place, where it will wait to be lightly boiled and devoured YUM
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Gnocchi by farnfam (yes, Jean, it's just...)
I have got to try gnocchi one of these days. That's something you don't see around here. Ricotta ones...HMMMM? Sounds like an Easter Break experiment.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Gnocchi by Gourmet_Mom (I have got to try gn...)
Well, crap, I always use the back tines of a fork!!! I need me one of those! Recipe sounds very nice!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Gnocchi by Lorraine (Well, crap, I always...)
Lorraine they look like this -

[Image: gnocchiboard.jpg]