The UNH Culinary Challenge is over...
  Re: (...)
And guess who took the gold medal!

We actually had time to kill during the challenge, because, we're used to cooking our proteins at the last minute. Best teamwork (we barely spoke to each other, we knew who would do what,) the judges were at first concerned about this but realized at the end we knew what we were doing. Best presentation, "over the top sanitation skills", best organization of time, I thought we were going to be last because we weren't given the recipes the other four teams were given. We searched out our own.

My tourne potatoes (which I stressed about)were 7 sided but not quite brown enough (hell, I steamed them) but they were 7 sided.

Our first competion, a whole lot of stress. but we got it

PJ
PJ
  Re: The UNH Culinary Challenge is over... by pjcooks (And guess who took t...)
Hooray for you and your team! Any pictures available???
  Re: Re: The UNH Culinary Challenge is over... by HomeCulinarian (Hooray for you and y...)
Way to go PJ!!!!!! Hooray! What was the final menu? What was dessert? Last I heard you were up in the air about that one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The UNH Culinary Challenge is over... by Gourmet_Mom (Way to go PJ!!!!!! ...)
Thanks, everyone!

We decided to shape tuilles, fill w/choc custard, plate on creme anglaise, ribboned with raspberry sauce and squiqled. Okay, that's not a technical term but it's been a long day. And starred whipped cream of course.

Our mint sprig garnish was not relevant (well, that's what they said) but that's okay. They are probably right!

It's over.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: The UNH Culinary Challenge is over... by pjcooks (Thanks, everyone![br...)
CONGRATULATIONS! What a thrill and honor that must have been to receive gold medals. Gosh, how wonderful.
Cory

I am not the model.
All right PJ!!! Way to go!!! One down and one to go! No pressure on me now

I hope I can put us C@H types at 2 for 2 on Monday...

Now I am really inspired!!!

Congratulations once again my Wildcat friend!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: The UNH Culinary Challenge is over... by firechef (All right PJ!!! Way...)
PJ!! You rock!! You guys should be very proud of yourselves. I would love to see pictures. Gold medals...wow!! Ah and to think someday I can say "Yeah I knew her when she was just a bulletin board junkie"
  Re: Re: The UNH Culinary Challenge is over... by DFen911 (PJ!! You rock!! You ...)
Congratulations. That is terrific, and well earned. I am so pleased for you.
How did I miss this?? Huge congrats, PJ!!!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: The UNH Culinary Challenge is over... by vannin (Congratulations. Th...)
Far out! Congratulations!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?