Speaking of cookbooks
  Re: (...)
did anybody here ever read "Smashed Potatoes" by some kindergarten teacher? It probably came out 20 years or so ago and is hysterical. She basically interviewed all her students for their recipes and their perceptions are a real howl.

I remember such gems as, "first, get the kitchen real hot - then rinse the spaghetti for 5 hours." I'm sure it seems that long to a hungry 5 year old!

Sally
  Re: Speaking of cookbooks by lxxf (did anybody here eve...)
Not me Sally, but it sounds like essentual reading.
  Re: Re: Speaking of cookbooks by vannin (Not me Sally, but it...)
I think that would be a blast to read...is that the actual title???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Speaking of cookbooks by firechef (I think that would b...)
I've seen some of those and they are really funny - there's one about kids and how to prep a turkey - it's hilarious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Speaking of cookbooks by cjs (I've seen some of th...)
Sounds like a fun read! I think I may have seen some of them in one of those "joke" emails that you get.
Shirley
  Re: Speaking of cookbooks by lxxf (did anybody here eve...)
That sounds like a hoot! I will have to check my library for this one.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Speaking of cookbooks by firechef (I think that would b...)
Yes, that is the actual title - I'm thinking it was published in the eighties, maybe even the late 70's. I found it in the library a long time ago. It was really funny.
  Re: Re: Speaking of cookbooks by lxxf (Yes, that is the act...)
Thanks, I'll have to look for it. Going to be helping out in a few elementary schools introducing a whole new generation of little ones to cooking.

I started out at my mother's side on Saturday mornings at about two years old...by three or four I was "modifying" recipes like the "old" BC chocolate chip cookie recipe...added unsweetened cocoa powder and a 1/4 cup extra sugar and made chocolate chocolate chip cookies...changed Mom's meatloaf recipe and poof had a cheeseburger meatloaf...cookbooks for and about kids are a great thing for all ages.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)